lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default Question for you electric experts

2000 G-16,No running problemsSomething i,ve noticed latley is this unit has radio in it for years.Noticd sometimes in last few weeks when i go to start cart radio will come on also when i depress pedel.Radio has push button turn on and off ,when i shut radio off ,i can run cart sometimes all day with no recurrence of radio comming on by itself,sometimes it,ll do it few times.Everthing else works fine.What would yall look at first to fix this?Unit is mounted in glove box of one of those dash kits for years with no problems.Will come on with pedel sometimes as well as just turning on fan,or headlights,Does not do this all the time sometime go for several days without reocurrence.Ground mabee? radio only problem,no other equipment such as fans turn signals,headlights involved.Only problem i know i have is battery going bad after few years ,less then half c.c amps that it once had.Help old guy out with couple ideas.Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Question for you electric experts

Voltage dropping too low when pedal pressed, causing radio to "reset"?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Voltage dropping too low when pedal pressed, causing radio to "reset"?
That would be my guess as well. Corrosion on cables creating resistance, or the battery is starting to go "soft".
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

You guys rock,I say that because battery bout 6 years old and i had service guy tell me bout 2 weeks back it was on last legs had only 300 something amps left,CC amps on orginal battery either 800 or 1000.I know i didnt need that power for cart but i took it out of new truck of mine that got wrecked .So ill get new battery and report back.Thanks again.Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Its your battery for sure.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha