lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default G9 Flooding Badly

Working on a guy's G9 that sat for a few years (3-4). I drained the tank, gutted the in tank filter, added an inline filter between pump and carb, adjusted valves to .004", put in a new BR4ES plug, changed the oil (had gas in it), and pulled and cleaned the carburetor. I reset the pilot screw to 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated. I can get it to start and run well, but it floods itself out pretty quick, spits gas out the vent and runs it onto the ground.

What did I do wrong??? Any help is greatly appreciated!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #2
jeff70
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Flooding Badly

Just a guess but if the oil had gas in it, and it is flooding out I would suspect the float is sticking,
jeff70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I was thinking the same thing. What's odd is that when I had it apart the float was level when upside down and it passed the "blow test" of not letting air past the needle when upside down, but allowing it past when right side up. Everything appeared normal, but think I'll pull it back apart and look again.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Results were inconclusive, but there's a carb rebuild kit on the way. Along with belts, an air filter, and 2 new brake drums and 4 new shoes. The brakes were destroyed, zero material left on the shoe. There had been metal on metal action going on for quite a while too, worst brakes I've ever taken off a cart.

Anyhow, hopefully the carb kit will help the flooding issue, I plan to go through the whole carb really well AGAIN when I put the kit in it. I'll be back if it doesn't work cause at that point I'll be out of ideas.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Place the filter between the tank and the pump.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
Place the filter between the tank and the pump.
Thought about that earlier today actually. I'm assuming to keep trash out of the pump? That's the reason I thought of it for.

Would it hurt to run one before the pump and leave the one after? CCs are set up that way...
Old 05-15-2015, 10:37 PM   #7
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

The earlier EZGOs are set up the same way. No problem, just a couple extra bucks.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:45 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That's what I'll do then. I figure maintenance intervals will be a little long on this one, so the extra filter won't hurt.

Thanks Don!
Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #9
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check the float to make sure it doesn't have fuel in it. The old brass ones used to be notorious for pin holes and they would slowly fill up. The plastic ones can do the same if hollow.

I used to fix the old brass ones with solder. But before I fixed them I had to get the gas out. easiest way, I'd heat them and the gas would just shoot right out.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:53 PM   #10
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
Check the float to make sure it doesn't have fuel in it. The old brass ones used to be notorious for pin holes and they would slowly fill up. The plastic ones can do the same if hollow.
Great point!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha