lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
Sissy
Not Yet Wild

Default G14 clutch removable

is the bolt on a g14 clutch left or right hand threads.also do I have to have a special tool to remove the clutch?thanks
Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G14 clutch removable

it is right hand thread, what I did is bought a fine thread bolt that threads into the outside threads then a piece of stock that fits into the hole, put the stock in the hole and thread the fine thread bolt in it will hit the stock and put pressure on the shaft popping the clutch.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked872 View Post
it is right hand thread, what I did is bought a fine thread bolt that threads into the outside threads then a piece of stock that fits into the hole, put the stock in the hole and thread the fine thread bolt in it will hit the stock and put pressure on the shaft popping the clutch.
Wish I had thought of that. I ordered the clutch removing tool from a guy who makes his own. Got it for 19.95. Cheaper than a lot of them but not as cheap as the one you used. Couldn't have got it off without it tho .
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

I thought about trying something like wicked872's idea but I chickened out and ordered the puller. I thought if I frigged up the threads or broke something off trying to pull the clutch off, I'd been kicking myself in the azz over a $30 tool which could make or break the project. I also ordered the tool in anticipation of one day owning more Yamaha golf carts.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #5
Sissy
Not Yet Wild

I used 3 wooden wedges and drove them between the starter pully and side case.Came right off.
Sissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #6
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Nice...glad it worked out for you.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
I used 3 wooden wedges and drove them between the starter pully and side case.Came right off.
My worry would have been cracking or just breaking the side cover wedging wood in. Glad yours come off.
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy View Post
Also not good for the crank bearings, the bearings are rated for "up & down" load, not "side to side" load.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha