lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default yes I am in the country and the people at att taught me how to usee mobile hotspot

I did what was suggested, I disconnected the shift cable at the transmission and shifted it by hand- It feels like it only has two spots instead of three, neutral and forward, there is no "spot" position home for reverse.

is it time to bring cart home and open the transmission?
thanks
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: yes I am in the country and the people at att taught me how to usee mobile hotspo

My 2001 ds gas ... you can feel a defendant click when you go into reverse
Old 08-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #3
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: yes I am in the country and the people at att taught me how to usee mobile hotspo

I am not sure who said this, but I believe they are right
the engine- I have, when on the passenger's side of the engine compartment, the engine runs counter clockwise, and when it says its in reverse, its in forward and so on, how do I fix this? get another motor?. will post pics later
Old 08-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

csport? buddy?

when posting a question... ESPECIALLY about your cart...
you'll need to mention that you have a 97 DS with a clone engine in pretty much every post!
However... the shifter/transaxle has really nothing to do with what engine you have!

That being said... I remember a trick that fixed some of the older CC's when they wouldn't go into reverse, (syncro in the trans not lining up)
They would drive up a good, long incline (hill), let it slowly coast backwards, (while the shifter is in forward)
then SLAM the shifter in reverse!
It WILL clunk and grind! (depending how fast you move the shifter) but in most cases, it re-aligns the syncro's!

In YOUR case... you would have to face your cart down a hill, with the shifter in reverse, coast for a bit, and SLAM it in forward!

All else fails... take it to a repair shop!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I was excited, first time having internet here in 34 years yeeehaw
this makes sense, except for one thing, where can I borrow a incline or hill?

LOL sorry this is too much fun, probably till I see my phone bill.

If this doesn't work, I will bring it home and ask my severe gear head neighbor
he is a genius and he did not play rugby with no helmet

he has been racing and building for a long time- it was like a epiphany when I saw the clutch spinning the different way

thanks gang any other suggestions would be appreciated for my 97 ds cart with a honda clone motor that is turning counter clockwise- I just got out of the lake- ( I got in, didn't drive in)
gonna stop at tacobell in Union Mo on the way home- 2.5 hours floating is tiring

I wonder if I could tow the cart with a riding lawn more to get it to slam into gear? unless somebody could lend me a hill around here LOL thanks again guys
Old 08-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
crash test dummy

i was thinkin of sending you a hill but shipping was a killer ... lawn mower or another cart ?
kids pushing ?
Old 08-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

just flip a lawn mower over twice and My wife just is not interested in being part of a towing thing? LOL, Gonna wait till she goes on vacation with her sister and brother- and lets see if we can make it happen
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car