lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #1
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Interest in possible Curtis AC Conversion

I'm curious about the golf community interest in DC to AC conversion kits. A likely candidate for a controller would be a Curtis 1236. It comes in several voltage and current varieties: 24/36@400 or 500A, 36/48@350A, and 48-80@300A. Such a kit would probably include an AC motor and control characterized to said motor, along with either a conversion harness or full vehicle replacement harness. (And ITS converter for EZGOs). Optionally an RS232 display that shows fault codes, vehicle RPM/MPH, etc.

Is this something people may want, or would it be more practical to buy an AC vehicle?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Interest in possible Curtis AC Conversion

I just finished installing a 36V 400A 1236 into a Tomberlin E-Merge. I still need to get the motor tuned in but up on jacks, unloaded I was getting around 6000RPM, on the ground I was running about 4000. I think the gearing on this cart is 10:1 so that puts me at about 20mph. The controller allows a max of 8,000RPM but I doubt that'll be happening at this voltage.

Its also installed a turf switch to work with the VCL I wrote. In conjunction with a handset it has 4 modes that can be set to the two switch positions. I set it up similarly to a EZGO TXT with a 1206HB.

Airport limited to about 10mph
Speed limited to 20mph
Freedom limited to max limit of the control
Torque which maintains a torque value rather than an RPM.

The speeds in each of these modes is also adjustable between 0 and the limit.

So far it seems rather impressive for a low voltage cart.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion kit, curtis ac
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts