lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #11
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart goes fast then stuck in slow

Hey,

Thanks for the help so far, I took off the batteries, wire brushed the terminals, connectors everything to make sure there was no crud in the way and wired back up in series.

I also tested under load and each battery ready 12v but the problem still exists.

The only change is that the fault for low voltage has now gone and has been replaced with 1 followed by 3 flashes which when looked up says the speed sensor.

1,3 SPEED SENSOR FAULT
No pulses from sensor.
1. Speed sensor not connected.
2. Speed sensor defective.

I think the next step is I will inspect the wiring to the sensor before buying a new one to make sure it is not a cracked wire or similar. Do you chaps know if there is a way to test to see if the sensor is connected, will it send an electrical signal I could measure at both ends to make sure the wiring is intact?

Could the speed sensor issue be related in any way to the amps of the batteries seeming to be too low?

Thanks again for all the help

Dave In VA, what are the consequences of running car batteries (and cheap ones at that it would appear) in the golf cart? Thanks for the help.
snowdonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2017, 01:11 PM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Push the cart and if the cart regen feature kicks in and holds the cart back, its not the sensor.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #13
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Hey GolfCartGuy, Stupid novice question, how will I know if the regen kicks in, and if it does, what is my next step, thanks for the help and patience
Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I'm a gas cart guy, but I know that a 12v Trojan golf cart battery has something like 150 amp/hrs, and weighs over 80lb. The high amp/hrs are needed because of the high current draw of the motor.

You appear to have 4 auto cranking batteries. 48v. but not "power" /amperage.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:45 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdonben View Post
Hey GolfCartGuy, Stupid novice question, how will I know if the regen kicks in, and if it does, what is my next step, thanks for the help and patience
cart will hold back and more than likely the reverse buzzer will sound.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:52 AM   #16
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I pushed the buggy when it was in run mode and all is did was lock the back wheels, the buzzer didn't sound, what could that mean?

I have also taken the speed sensor off, tested the wires for cracks (they are all ok).

I also tested the buggy with the speed sensor removed and it runs just as it did, fast then slow.

I am thinking it is a knackered speed sensor, any thoughts anybody?

Cheers

Ben
Old 02-20-2017, 02:07 AM   #17
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Success!!! I bought a new speed sensor via NocoShop (Chinese supplier of fork lift truck parts) and it now works really well. Full speed ahead!!!

The sensor and spare magnet was $16 plus postage link here http://www.nocoev.com/product/ClubCa...eed_Sensor.htm

Thanks to all for your help, it was very much appreciated

Cheers

ben
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts