lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #21
astenger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v trans 2 (GEM) golf cart

Johnny 240,

I think Sergio gave you the main information you need, but I wanted to chime in as well. I also have a 96 trans2, so hopefully we can share some helpful info.
On my cart, there are two molded plastic trays under the hood, and two under the seat. Battery 1 is the frontmost battery under the hood, and Battery 4 sits just behind and above it. Battery 2 is on the passenger side under the seat, and Battery 3 sits on the driver's side under the seat. They string together in series from 1-4 as Sergio noted. If your cables are still in place, it isn't too difficult to figure our what goes where. I checked my runs and (now after replacing the corroded battery cables) things were straightforward once you realize you'll have two major cables running front to back.

Physical installation is straightforward. As far as I know, these carts always ran on four 12v batteries. I use four trojans, which work well, but are actually too big to sit nicely in the trays and too tall to fit under the windshield wiper mechanism. I shimmed the trays and removed the wiper.

As I said, these carts are oddballs, and the GEM cars are just enough different to pose real problems. I just joined the site, but PM me if you are interested in chatting about other problems we both might encounter.

Cheers!

Anthony
astenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2023, 01:14 PM   #22
michaelaland
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48v trans 2 (GEM) golf cart

To the Two Gem Trans 2 cart owners in this post. Are you guys still around, I know this is an old post.....
michaelaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts