lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #1
Hound1
Not Yet Wild

Default Ruff & Tuff Hunter ITS Test

I have a 2009 R&T Hunter that I am rebuilding and hope someone can tell me the proper way to test the ITS or advise me on what may be causing me this issue.

I have a Curtis 1268 controller and I am getting 50V to the red wire at the throttle switch. If push the throttle, nothing happens. If I disconnect the black wire from the ITS and push the throttle, the solenoid will click and the motor will surge then back down to a low RPM.

I replaced both solenoids, all batteries, had the controller rebuilt (hope they programed it correctly), replaced and soldered all MOLEX pins. I also soldered and replaced all connections to the solenoids. I am thinking the ITS is my problem but don’t want to spend another $180 on a new one unless I am sure.

I little history on this unit. It was stolen by an employee that was let go from the property 5 years ago. He parked it in the woods and I found it last year. The mice got into it and made a nest on top the controller and chewed up some wires. It never gave any trouble in the past and looked to be in good shape so decided to rebuild it.
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Hound1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Hound1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ruff & Tuff Hunter ITS Test

OK, I had a loose connection from the speed sensor causing the different motor speed problem but still have the throttle issue. Does anyone know if I should be getting 50V to the ITS when it has 5V stamped on it and if I disconnect that black wire and push the throttle the motor will run wide open?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5v.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-29-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound1 View Post
OK, I had a loose connection from the speed sensor causing the different motor speed problem but still have the throttle issue. Does anyone know if I should be getting 50V to the ITS when it has 5V stamped on it and if I disconnect that black wire and push the throttle the motor will run wide open?
Hard to say from the angle of the photo but, that looks like the ITS that I found in a Tomberlin once...it has a circuit built into the base the regulates battery volts to a 0-5V output for the control, so the stamp just indicates the max output. So it would be reasonable to have battery on there. How many terminals does it have, at least 3?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
Hound1
Not Yet Wild

Yes, 3 terminals.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
Hound1
Not Yet Wild

A better photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg its2.jpg (182.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Adjustment pots too I see. Yes there should be battery volts on that. B+, B- and 0-5V out. Those two pots are to tweek the gains on the output.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts