lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
Michael's toys
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Just joined the forum- lifted cart

Hey everyone.. just reading over the forum and appreciate the help I am seeing enthusiasts get about the issues they have with their carts.
Hope to be able to shed some light on this new toy, and how I plan to get it moving faster and up steeper hills.
See ya on the forum
Michael
Michael's toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
Michael's toys
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Just joined the forum- lifted cart

I installed a new Alltrax 500 amp controller, new solenoid and D&D motor- Supposed to be the best for 36 volts set ups. Model #170-502-0001 with 40% more torque.
Cart was slow up hills when I bought it, so after testing batteries the motor seemed logical.
Not sure if is the battery pack, but it still runs at 18 ish on flats , but drops down to 5-8 up hills. Batteries are 2014 Trojan T105. Four of them check out at 6.39 and one is 6.34 and one is 6.36. collectively 38.1.. Not sure since they are older, but they even test at over 1300 for specific gravity.. What's next. Help
Old 08-24-2017, 12:17 AM   #3
Michael's toys
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have good luck with purchasing Trojan batteries on line..? If so drop me line.. Still trying to determine if I need new batteries.
Two auto parts stores load tested them good, as well as me testing them at home.
Having a golf cart company come to my home on Friday to load test them too. I will let you know what he says.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #4
BlueandWhiteRV
WE ARE! PENN STATE!

Club Car

Batteries are heavy. I would guess that shipping is $$$$$$ for them.
BlueandWhiteRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:43 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Michael....what you need to do is have your batteries load tested....they may have the voltage....but will drop fast when under load.

OH BTW.....Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Welcome to the addiction

Sent from my 6045O using Crap-a-Talk
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:04 AM   #7
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Sounds like the bug has already bitten.. there is no cure other than money and time! Welcome.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #8
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

What kind of cart do you have
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
hunt365
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Michael, welcome to BGW. You can do the load test yourself by hooking a dvm to each battery and driving up a steep hill. Record the voltage at bottom of hill and the lowest voltage during the climb. Repeat this for each battery. Look for the voltage drop in each battery. Also let us know what type of cart you have. Good luck
hunt365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo-2006 txt freedom se
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts