lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #11
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Carryall/DS Muffler Fix

With a little exhaust adaptation you might be able to use a Walker #22229. Just received mine to put on my Vegas Carts 625 conversion. It is about the same size overall. A muffler shop could probably attach your current header pipe to it and come out cheaper than a factory replacement. I know it would be cheaper than my old EZGO muffler at $400.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #12
6eight
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
With a little exhaust adaptation you might be able to use a Walker #22229. Just received mine to put on my Vegas Carts 625 conversion. It is about the same size overall. A muffler shop could probably attach your current header pipe to it and come out cheaper than a factory replacement. I know it would be cheaper than my old EZGO muffler at $400.
I saw those walkers when I was searching. If I had my welder readily accessible (just moved so crap is everywhere) I would give it a go. There are several videos on YouTube of folks welding them up. I hated to do it, but I went ahead and ordered a muffler. Found one for $160. I've been holding on to a gift card for a while that covered most of it, but it still sucks paying that much for a muffler.
6eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #13
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that "hole" is where the tail spout used to be. With the hole that large and rusty it's a good bet that at least some of the baffles inside are toast as well. In your pictures above the difference is the angle of the photo. Top photo has the tail spout hidden behind the body of the muffler.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #14
davidcmartin90
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6eight View Post
Ha Ha! I saw this custom muffler in my search. Guessing it's holding up?
yep holding up great!!
davidcmartin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:18 PM   #15
SooieSauce
Not Yet Wild

I had the same problem. The hole was actually just rusted so bad the tip fell off.

I purchase an aftermarket header because I thought it would give me more power. It made far too much noise and if you were going full speed (or near) and let off the throttle it snapped and popped.

I found a stainless one on ebay that was the same price as a steel one. It fit perfect and sounded as quiet as stock.

I purchased a second one for my neighbor and it did not fit.I found their number and called. They suggested checking the engine size. I found out later my friend had a FE290 engine and mine was a 350.

They took it back and gave us a refund. They said the 290 muffler will be coming soon

Hope this helps
SooieSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car