lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 Club Car Suspension Rubbing

Have a new to me club car and the tire is rubbing really bad. It has a little lift on it but I have no clue the make of it.

The drivers side tire is the one rubbing but both tires are slanted in. Does anyone by chance know how to adjust this? The red is where the rubbing is.

Hoping to do a quick fix before the holiday weekend.
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 97 Club Car Suspension Rubbing

Drivers side upper a arm is bent causing the camber issue. Hard to tell from the pic but I’m willing to bet the passenger side might be bent as well, just not as bad. I’d probably replace both just to be on the safe side. This will most likely correct the rubbing as well. Looks like drivers front tire is hitting the bumper because of the excess camber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quick fix is to put the arms in a press and straighten. Then limit your airborne time!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #4
NLaudy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks fellas! I was told before that the guy ran it into someone’s deck. Not sure if that is what caused this issue but I will see what I can do. Keep ya posted!
NLaudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Welcome,
The Quick Fix would be to go buy you a new lift kit, good choice with the club car, and the addiction begins, the more the cart comes together the more you want to put into it,
Lift kit is a good start, and will solve all problems. Lift kits go from anywhere between $250 all the way up to $1,500....
The point is that front end is fubar, and do you really want your family and friends riding on a cart that's messed up possibly dangerous????

On a side note, I am so old I can remember when Michael Jackson was black.....
I actually worked at Ron Jon's when they only had one store..... Hangs head in shame......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car