lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 AM   #21
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: drive belt questions

Watched it again a few times and it took me a minute to see if but the primary is engaging and closing, and is pulling the belt hard for about a second before the secondary starts to open.

I still think that belt is too long, but now I also think your secondary clutch needs new ramp buttons and may also need a new ramp depending how much wear is on the ramp.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #22
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Again not directly related but some food for thought. My cart Suzi is a 1982 HD 4 wheel cart with a 40 + hp Suzuki snowmobile engine. I have just the stock Dayco HP 2008 belt on this cart. I have had zero belt issues even with this heavy over powering of the belt.Many others here with engine swaps are running all kinds of HP thru whatever belts and it is very rare to here of a belt failure. On those rare cases it usually turns out to be some alignment issue and not belt length or belt flaws.My point is that with a stock engine and not big tires, high speed gears or high HP the belt itself is probably not the culprit.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #23
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Since it's difficult to analyze an unusual situation via the internet,
Let's step back, and let Eric check a few things out, and get back to us!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #24
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

I am getting a new driven clutch and OEM belt through David at revolution hopefully that's the issue David seems to think so pointed at the driven slamming open and he thinks the belt is to large. I Will also check the motor mounts
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #25
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

Installed the new driven clutch and new belt seems to be correct. I am planning on installing a new drive clutch I understand there is a different spring I can get to improve my low end. Can anyone explain how this works? Thanks for all your help
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #26
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Torque spring goes in the driven clutch. They do make a difference. There is a spring for the drive clutch but it’s an idle spring for a Key start motor. It keeps the clutch open so the key start motors can idle without dragging the clutch. It may help some with torque, but won’t do as much good as the torque spring for the driven clutch.
Talk to Bruce at Cart Parts Plus. He keeps them in stock and will know what you need.

Last edited by lockman1; 12-19-2018 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: Name
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car