lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Chuck466
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Throttle problem

I have a 09 DS gas and I just purchased this cart a couple months ago, this thing will not idle around slowly or smoothly runs great at half to full throttle, but from a stop you can't just ease into the throttle and roll around slowly and I have to use the choke a lot to get it rolling, even driving it for a half mile at half to full throttle getting some heat in the motor dosen't help, thanks for any input.
Chuck466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Throttle problem

Good chance the carb needs to be taken apart and thoroughly cleaned.

Check the adjustment of the throttle cable. With the Key off lift up the seat and slowly press the go pedal down while watching the cable at the throttle arm on the carb. You should have a fair amount of slack in that cable with the pedal all the way up. As you press the pedal down you should first hear a faint click from the microswitch in the throttle cam in the black electrics box on the frame. Then you should be able to press the pedal another 1/2" or so before the throttle cable pulls tight and starts to open the throttle butterfly. If the throttle opens too soon you will get very rough take-off because the throttle will be open when the engine starts cranking. This usually is due to mis-adjustment of the governor arm, or someone putting a zip tie on the governor cable spring and making it too tight.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #3
BearsFan315
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sounds like something is out of whack.... air fuel mixture

clean/replace air filter
check/clean/replace spark plug
...check plug gap
check/replace fuel filters
clean carb & check float
BearsFan315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
DannyAbear
Gone Wild

Club Car

Typical problem when using ethanol gas, it destroys carbs
DannyAbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #5
Chuck466
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep all of the above problems, so I just replaced everything from the tank to the carb, fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, and Carb, and that cable had been adjusted way to tight, got it readjusted, much better super smooth take offs, thanks for all the advice everyone..

Now I need that small plastic housing on the motor that is under the muffler, has a big melted hole in it, not from me of course, any idea on where to get one? FE 290 motor
Chuck466 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car