lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #1
BlueDubPirate
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 Club Car Turf 252 Carryall Modifications

Good morning. New member here. I just purchased a 2008 Club Car Turf 252 Carryall (Gas). Its in relatively good shape, having lived its life in the care of an apartment complex handyman. I want to rebuild it with some modifications and have a TON of questions, but will begin with four. It will see both street and off-road use.

1. Lift Kit: I want to stuff some bigger wheels (12") and tires (50's) under this thing. It already rides high, but not sure what size lift kit is needed. Should I be concerned about the higher center of gravity?

2. Lift Kit: Among the brands out there, any favorites for the Club Car? I have already been told to stay away from Jakes. I don't want to do any cutting or welding.

3. Clutch: Forward seems to work just fine. Reverse is rough, slow, hesitant. Should I repair or replace?

4. Generally, these seem to be based off of the DS. What are the key differences between these and the DS models? Specifically, are the front or rear suspensions different?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by BlueDubPirate; 04-11-2019 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Add pic
BlueDubPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
bbriggs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2008 Club Car Turf 252 Carryall Modifications

This cart came standard with 22x11-10 tires on a z-lift. The cart capacity was de-rated by Club Car due to the factory lift and (presumably) safety considerations related to stability. Since one can utilize 12" rims with a variety of tires similar or identical to the original tire outer dimensions (merely lower profile), I am unsure why one would choose to lift the cart further.
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2008 Club Car Turf 252 Carryall Modifications

Before you consider adding an additional lift, you might want to check if it has front drum brakes,
If it does... you'll be limited with your choices.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car