lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #21
Rocksride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Acceleration or clutch problem

Thanks for the info guys.

CC-John thanks for the offer of the puller. I'm in Nederland, just south of Beaumont. I will let you know on the clutch but I will try to get my clutch off probably by of the bolt and rod method. I'll update when I make progress or get stuck. Starting nights at work today.
Rocksride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2009, 05:53 PM   #22
Rocksride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well it still refuses to come off. I blew out all the dirt and dust I could and went to put the cover back together when the spring broke. Can anyone tell me if the EZGO Power Kit is a suitable replacement?
Old 05-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Larry,

If you're near SW Houston I have an EZGO clutch puller you can borrow.. I also have a good used drive clutch if yours is too far gone..
hint, hint,

To get the clutch off fill the hole with wheel bearing grease, put the puller in and tighten it up, then use an impact wrench to pop it off.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #24
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksride View Post
Well it still refuses to come off. I blew out all the dirt and dust I could and went to put the cover back together when the spring broke. Can anyone tell me if the EZGO Power Kit is a suitable replacement?
If you're talkin about that drive clutch spring from BU.. Don't waste your money.. It makes the drive clutch engage late and harsh, even with the engine idle turned up..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #25
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
hint, hint,

To get the clutch off fill the hole with wheel bearing grease, put the puller in and tighten it up, then use an impact wrench to pop it off.

If he can get the cart to me, I'll be glad to pop the old clutch off the engine.. Hopefully he hasn't bunged up the threads in the clutch by not using the proper puller..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #26
Rocksride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I went and visited CC-Jon this weekend and after some creative thinking his record on clutch removals still stands. A big THANKS to Jon for giving up his morning to help me out. The buggie runs like she should now and I learned a few things along the way.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #27
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksride View Post
Well I went and visited CC-Jon this weekend and after some creative thinking his record on clutch removals still stands. A big THANKS to Jon for giving up his morning to help me out. The buggie runs like she should now and I learned a few things along the way.
CC-John is the man I dont think I said it before but, thanks for your help when I was down there. One of these days I'll have to get to "A$$holes Garage"
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO