lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car Enclosures

Does anyone have the DoorWorks 4-Passenger Sunbrella Track Golf Cart Enclosure for 80" Extended Roofs or have any experience with it? Thinking about buying but would like to hear some feedback on it first. Or any other enclosures you would recommend?

Link to DoorWorks enclosure
https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...nt=33461338569

Thanks!
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #2
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Club Car Enclosures

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakDaddy View Post
Does anyone have the DoorWorks 4-Passenger Sunbrella Track Golf Cart Enclosure for 80" Extended Roofs or have any experience with it? Thinking about buying but would like to hear some feedback on it first. Or any other enclosures you would recommend?

Link to DoorWorks enclosure
https://acegolfcartcovers.com/produc...nt=33461338569

Thanks!
Track style enclosures with thousands of different color fabrics are very very popular here in FL. Pretty much everyone has one on their cart. Just like the one in the link you posted. In fact, there are about 1200 private carts plus the 150 fleet carts in my neighborhood and I would say just about every single cart has the sunbrella track style enclosure on it. No complaints just make sure you keep it clean and don't roll them up wet. People have carts that are from the 90s still have the original enclosure look brand new. I spray mine with extra scotchguard.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #3
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Track style enclosures with thousands of different color fabrics are very very popular here in FL. Pretty much everyone has one on their cart. Just like the one in the link you posted. In fact, there are about 1200 private carts plus the 150 fleet carts in my neighborhood and I would say just about every single cart has the sunbrella track style enclosure on it. No complaints just make sure you keep it clean and don't roll them up wet. People have carts that are from the 90s still have the original enclosure look brand new. I spray mine with extra scotchguard.
Thank you! Any problems with wind and keeping the enclosures sealed?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thousands of carts here (Peachtree City) and these enclosures are extremely popular. As far as wind seal its all about how the windshield mates with the front cap (hood). Varies a lot between makes and even among models of the same make. There are solutions both home made and commercial.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not to highjack the thread but I too am looking at covers for my new to me Precedent that I use primarily for golf and a little around the neighborhood.

Question - do most people remove the cover during the summer or simply role them up and keep them on year round?

I think I would prefer to remove the cover as opposed to rolling it up if this is feasible.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:31 PM   #6
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4dj View Post
Not to highjack the thread but I too am looking at covers for my new to me Precedent that I use primarily for golf and a little around the neighborhood.

Question - do most people remove the cover during the summer or simply role them up and keep them on year round?

I think I would prefer to remove the cover as opposed to rolling it up if this is feasible.
Which one are you considering? I have Club Car Precedent as well
Old 10-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Everyone has the enclosures rolled up and they are left on year round. No issues with wind on mine. I put up the windshield and the enclosure either velcros or snaps all along the front roof struts and along the bottom of the body. If you would like a photo I can get one in the next day or so.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The side curtains I'm talking about are on tracks inside the canopy. This is different than over the canopy style. I think golf car man is talking about the same thing. They are meant to be left in place and have side covers in multitude of colors. When not needed they are rolled up and secured behind the side covers but the whole deal is easily removed or reinstalled in just a few minutes. Not cheap BTW. Used to be ~$500 now a little more I think.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:20 PM   #9
golf4dj
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakDaddy View Post
Which one are you considering? I have Club Car Precedent as well
I seem to be honing in on the Doorworks Sunbrella version for my standard precedent at roughly $330 from several retailers. I have been coming across a similar style vinyl version (different manufacturer I think) for $50-$60 less but the sunbrella just seems like a better option to me and I will probably pull the trigger on that one soon.

BTW - appreciate all those that responded to my earlier question about whether they remove their track enclosures during warmer months. Sounds like most keep them installed year round and simply roll the sides up as they are designed to do.

Again, apologize for high jacking the thread but hope my Qs were on point and help others like me that are new to all this.
golf4dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:26 PM   #10
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
The side curtains I'm talking about are on tracks inside the canopy. This is different than over the canopy style. I think golf car man is talking about the same thing. They are meant to be left in place and have side covers in multitude of colors. When not needed they are rolled up and secured behind the side covers but the whole deal is easily removed or reinstalled in just a few minutes. Not cheap BTW. Used to be ~$500 now a little more I think.
Kernal, exactly we are talking about the same thing. Most in my area are just the driver and passenger side and then a fold down golf bag cover in the back. The front has nothing as the windshield takes care of that part.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car