lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #21
thallmat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 ezgo 36v PDS solenoid not engaging

Well controller must have been bad if not it is now. Jumped blue wire post on solenoid to b- on controller left blue off solenoid and then I then flip maint. switch to run and put in forward. Then I turn key on solenoid clicked and puff of smoke came out of top of J1 connection. Now with jumper off and all wires hooked back up normal no power on blue or yellow post on solenoid. I pulled plug on J1 and checked controller side pins the #8 y/w going to key, yellow #7 and #6 blue posts on solenoid all three shows going to ground on controller side.
thallmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #22
thallmat
Not Yet Wild

johnnieB Which Alltrax controller do you recommend for me 300amp or 400amp for a motor that's 20+ yrs.
Old 02-04-2021, 05:23 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A Stock PDS controller (Curtis 1206MX) is 300A, but a stock PDS motor will handle a 400A controller.

The thing to remember is the throughput difference between a 300A and a 400A controller only lasts as long as the motor's RPMs stay below the RPM at which is can draw more than 300A. That's probably in the 1500 to 2000 RPM range, which is about 6.5 to 8.6 MPH on stock height tires.

In other words, other than the first few feet when doing a full throttle acceleration from a standstill, the motor won't know the difference, or at least not much difference.

On the other hand, if you do replace the motor with one that can handle more amps, they will be available.

In a nutshell: For playing golf, the 300A will suffice. For running around the neighborhood the 400A will be better. If the cart has a rear seat and taller than 19" tires, a 500A might be called for.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 05:34 PM   #24
thallmat
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks JonnieB for all your help. I'll post when I get new controller in and let you know if it cures my problem.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:16 PM   #25
thallmat
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB I received my XCT400 PDS controller today and it had a diode in box to for solenoid B+ battery side to B+ controller side. I Got a Mzj-400 36v for new controller and do I also need a diode for the yellow and blue small post. What size do I need to get. my old solenoid didn't have one on the small post.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO