lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2021, 10:00 AM   #1
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Successful Navitas AC Conversion of Club Car DS

Well, it was a bit more challenging than I hoped, but much easier than I feared to complete an overhaul of my 2006 Club Car DS (I/Q Series) cart to the Navitas AC system and I couldn't be happier. The 440A/4kw kit from Navitas was very well designed and easy to install. I would have liked a little more clarity on the solenoid portion of the installation, but since that wasn't part of their kit, that really isn't fair. I did have to call their tech support because bonehead me somehow put the Bluetooth app in demo mode and I couldn't figure out why the dashboard wasn't working. A quick and pleasant 5 minute call resolved the issue.

Highly recommended!

By the way a shout out to David Hicks of Revolution Golf Cars for helping me through not only the Navitas upgrade, but the LED light kit and other stuff I decided to upgrade at the same time.

Now if the Lazy Life seat will just get here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0771.jpg (152.8 KB, 0 views)
ACHiPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2021, 02:20 PM   #2
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Successful Navitas AC Conversion of Club Car DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
Well, it was a bit more challenging than I hoped, but much easier than I feared to complete an overhaul of my 2006 Club Car DS (I/Q Series) cart to the Navitas AC system and I couldn't be happier. The 440A/4kw kit from Navitas was very well designed and easy to install. I would have liked a little more clarity on the solenoid portion of the installation, but since that wasn't part of their kit, that really isn't fair. I did have to call their tech support because bonehead me somehow put the Bluetooth app in demo mode and I couldn't figure out why the dashboard wasn't working. A quick and pleasant 5 minute call resolved the issue.

Highly recommended!

By the way a shout out to David Hicks of Revolution Golf Cars for helping me through not only the Navitas upgrade, but the LED light kit and other stuff I decided to upgrade at the same time.

Now if the Lazy Life seat will just get here!
Sweet! Have you taken it for a spin? If so how does she go? With my navitas 440a 4kw motor and with my carts set up, I was able to bounce back and forth from 29-30pmh with my self and two little kids. I’m sure with the weight loss of the FLA’s and lithium power those numbers should be a bit more! Let us know.
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
Sweet! Have you taken it for a spin? If so how does she go? With my navitas 440a 4kw motor and with my carts set up, I was able to bounce back and forth from 29-30pmh with my self and two little kids. I’m sure with the weight loss of the FLA’s and lithium power those numbers should be a bit more! Let us know.
I've had it out for a few quick (and I do mean QUICK--this thing moves) spins. First, even with the stock settings I don't feel safe above about 18 mph--I replaced the batteries with Li, and the cart is WAY too bouncy on rough roads. That being said, I got the unlocked app yesterday and when the weather breaks I plan to check top speed. I think it should do 30 mph on a flat road. I'm most excited that it has no trouble maintaining 15 mph going up fairly steep hills which was the main objective.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:01 AM   #4
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I've had it out for a few quick (and I do mean QUICK--this thing moves) spins. First, even with the stock settings I don't feel safe above about 18 mph--I replaced the batteries with Li, and the cart is WAY too bouncy on rough roads. That being said, I got the unlocked app yesterday and when the weather breaks I plan to check top speed. I think it should do 30 mph on a flat road. I'm most excited that it has no trouble maintaining 15 mph going up fairly steep hills which was the main objective.
Hahaha oh come on we want to see 30+ come out of this thing! Haha. Well that’s what I’m shooting for when I’m all said and done. I roll city street so I have to do at least that. I believe my gears in the pathway are a bit higher due to it being a factory street legal cart vs the DS. So maybe I will see 32-33mph on a flat surface/slight down hill.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:09 AM   #5
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
Hahaha oh come on we want to see 30+ come out of this thing! Haha. Well that’s what I’m shooting for when I’m all said and done. I roll city street so I have to do at least that. I believe my gears in the pathway are a bit higher due to it being a factory street legal cart vs the DS. So maybe I will see 32-33mph on a flat surface/slight down hill.
This was definitely not street legal before I converted. We live in a golf course community with private hilly roads with patches, divots, and generally rough condition, so without a more compliant suspension speed above 20 mph is just not safe. I just want to do a few runs for bragging rights before dialing it back.
Old 03-12-2021, 09:24 PM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

What kind of speed would one expect with this upgrade on stock tires and no lift?
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 10:53 PM   #7
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
What kind of speed would one expect with this upgrade on stock tires and no lift?
I saw 30mph on a slight decline with worn lead acids. I have a Club car pathway, Stock height, 18.5” tires and with the help of 10.3:1 gear ratio and the same setup here (navitas 440a 4kw ac conversion) the gear ratio is similar to if I had 23” tires. I’m sure deleting the lead acids and running the lithium set up you gain a few more mph due to massive weight loss and constant power. I’m soon to be running the same lithium set up.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:08 PM   #8
ACHiPo
Gone Wild

Club Car

I seem to be maxing out at 25 mph, which is ok. I'd hoped for >30 for bragging rights, but I will be dialing it back to 20 mph max and optimizing the regen braking not to give me whiplash, but to minimize use of the brake shoes.
Old 03-12-2021, 11:21 PM   #9
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I seem to be maxing out at 25 mph, which is ok. I'd hoped for >30 for bragging rights, but I will be dialing it back to 20 mph max and optimizing the regen braking not to give me whiplash, but to minimize use of the brake shoes.
I love the regan braking I rarely use my brakes only really to come to a complete stop. With my controller at fingertips, access it’s a breeze to just use the regen to slow down everywhere I go. Sweet feature, I love it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car