lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2000 ezgo txt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdressel View Post
kgsc - FYI - My 2000 TXT is a PDS and has the switch on the dash. I believe EZGO changed to this mid-year 2000. The 2000 year was sort of a mixed bag of different configurations.
Chuck
I have owned a 2000 DCS and 2000 PDS. Both had the lever by your leg but you are correct. It was in 2000 when they switched to PDS and the switch on the dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It is a 200 series cart. These are the workhorses of the TXT line up. At 36v they will be slow and steady. Better performance on 48v but not the mean green street machine that a later yr PDS or TXT48 would be... but then again it is a great price and a reliable model golf cart.
Agreed..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #12
Feinsteina
Not Yet Wild

Should i be concerned with "All battery readings taken earlier today were 6.2 after about 16 hours off the charger"? is this good?
Feinsteina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is about 75% capacity so will have an impact.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #14
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd use the fact that the pack is not at 100% capacity as a negotiation tool and reasoning for an offering price lower than asking price. You are likely going to have invest in new batteries sooner than you should have been.

I wish I would have known more about carts when I bought one and used this same scenario in my negotiation. I only "took it for a spin" and didn't take a pack reading before buying. That said, I still think I got a good deal for what my cart is/was.

I think I still stand by my earlier thought of you offering $1,900. As scotty said and DaveTM reinforced, these early to mid 2000's TXT's are workhorses. They aren't going to be fancy or flashy out of the box, but they are a solid foundation with a fantastic reputation for the cost. This is one of the reasons I ended up with my 2003.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #15
Feinsteina
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all so much! This forum is great.

This is all new to me

If I am not planning on using the cart right away and I put it in storage- should the battery be removed?

Either way will battery capacity reduce significantly if it is stored?
Feinsteina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:11 PM   #16
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feinsteina View Post
Thank you all so much! This forum is great.

This is all new to me

If I am not planning on using the cart right away and I put it in storage- should the battery be removed?

Either way will battery capacity reduce significantly if it is stored?
Installed or removed, I don't think it matters to the batteries. If you have the ability to plug the cart in during storage, then you really should do so. If not, you're going to wind up with a dead pack anyways and you'll be investing in new batteries when you're ready to ride consistently.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO