lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2021, 04:57 PM   #1
cjdame
Not Yet Wild

Default Step Down Converter for Lithium 2007 Precedent

I am in the process of installing a Step Down Converter (48v to 12v) in my 2007 Precedent (OBC bypassed). I am coming from a 4x12v battery configuration and assume that there was never a need for a step down converter. Now that I have 3 lithium batteries (48v each) I need to convert 48v to 12v. I will be running the lithiums in parallel and will connect the positive and negative converter leads at the end of the positive and negative runs. My question is the accessory cables. It appears that I will remove the blue accessory wire (see attached pics) from the battery connection cable and splice it to the positive accessory wire on the converter. My question is, where do I connect the negative accessory wire coming off of the converter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accessory2.jpg (91.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg accessory1.jpg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
cjdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
cjdame
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Step Down Converter for Lithium 2007 Precedent

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #3
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Didn't the voltage reducer come with a wiring diagram? 48V positive and negative from the battery into the reducer and 12V positive and negative from the reducer to accessories.
texasflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:11 PM   #4
cjdame
Not Yet Wild

The accessory is the headlight/breaklights and it is connected via multi-prong connectors under the dash. Then there is a blue accessory wire that goes from a wire pack under seat to the positive terminal of a battery. So I have no idea how to run the positive and negative wires.
Old 03-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #5
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

You should use a distribution block for the 12v positive and negative. Connect all of your accessories to that.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car