lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 electric G29 need for speed help!

I have two G29 Drive carts with Alltrax controllers in them. I like being able to program them myself - except for the &^% field map. By the way, having the correct field map for your motor makes a huge difference.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 11:44 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1052 View Post
I also used the AllTrax 400 amp controller. Works great with stock motor and wheels. Goes 22 mph. Max engine rpm is 6000. Looking for deal on 20" wheels. Should get a couple more mph, and that's all I need. You can program Altrax yourself. I was going to take it to Yamaha for programing but figured to rent a trailer and cost of programing was not much less that the cost of the controller. They could not even guarantee 19 mph. Said probably 17 more like it.
Yep, "should do 19", but the stock motor hates upgrade controllers, stock hitachi motor is a turd. The ones that didnt do 19 after the "PTV speed upgrade" was because the motor was a dud. Even yamaha "secretly admitted it", and their fix was a new brush rig, with smaller brushes (which dies real fast with a upgraded controller). Hitachi G22/YDRE motor is a dud in general. Old school G22 for the win (their best platform ever, but like the newer ones, would love a powertrain upgrade). I'd take a nice clean privately owned G22 over a YDRE any time. (Used "course car rebuilds" always have questions, because the golf course water is nasty stuff for carts, plus the 20lb of grass stuck in every spot). And I can look up a SN to see if it was a "fleet car" in its previous life.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A stock G29 with stock gearing and stock tires winds out the motor at 6000 RPM at 19mph which is about as fast as it will go with stock 48V FLA batteries. That's as fast as mine would go even with a controller upgrade to Alltrax. I have since done three things that greatly increased performance: D&D motor, Lithium batteries (about 5Volts more than FLA), 20.5 inch diameter tires. It now easily does 25.
My other G29 came with high speed (9:1) gears. (Stock is 12.5:1) I opted for a high torque D&D motor for that cart because of the gearing. It's top speed is about the same now - also with Lithium but with 18 inch tires.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha