lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2021, 09:23 AM   #1
Viejajefita
Not Yet Wild

Default 02 EZGO 48 adding 12v accessories

My EZGO has a set of 12v lights up front and another 12v lamp attached the underside of the canopy. I am wanting to add 2 more accessories, a usb/ cigarette lighter charging port and one for a radio. Not committed to the radio just yet. I am not wanting to use a converter/reducer 48 to 12. My understanding is I use the 48v and wire up all 4 accessories which should split the 48 into four 12v ports. I saw a little something on youtube. Not very detailed. Has anybody done this or know where a thread might be on this? My search showed everyone using the converter/reducer.

TIY
Viejajefita is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 EZGO 48 adding 12v accessories

You would be better just using a 48 to 12 volt converter along with a fuse panel for each accessory.
You will be happy in the end.
Plenty of post here of unequal battery usage, battery damage,ect. Spend 30.00 or so and get a convertor 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 02 EZGO 48 adding 12v accessories

In addition, if you wire four 12v accessories in series to get to 48v then you have to have all 4 on or all 4 off at the same time. Also if one blows a fuse they all will die. It really is a bad way to go, possible, but bad and will cause you other headaches down the road.

For the radio, I've had issues with mine in my cart. I had a regular radio and it worked for a year. Then I bought a JVC that was environmentally hardened and advertised specifically for use in Jeeps. Supposedly more able to handle water/vibration/etc according to their description. It lasted 10 months. I realized that we never used it anyway... We use the Bose bluetooth speaker and it works great, plenty loud and much easier to install (just carry it out to the cart when you use it). $0.02
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO