lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #1
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Model H403 - Very slow uphill

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum here so bear with me. I have an EZGO Model H403 (2003 model if I am reading the model right) that my step-dad fixed up for me. I had to replace the battery charge display that I had so I could monitor my battery status. Anyway, our neighborhood has a lot of hills. I always leave the house fully charged. Uphill is always slower than a flat service and I figured that was normal. I can coast down the hills and brake as needed. I have 6 batteries that are testing fine at 36v. We drove around for 15-20 min the other day and we were heading up the last hill back to the house. I barely made it up the hill and only got up it if my wife got off the cart so we only had my weight on it. Even then, I barely got 1 MPH. The battery meter was still in the green as well so I dont know what happened.

I know this is an older cart. Any ideas on what I should look at for troubleshooting?

Thanks!
rolltidega is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZGO Model H403 - Very slow uphill

At 36 volts, your batteries are dead. Do a complete charge and after a few hours for the batteries to equalize, check pack voltage AND individual batteries voltages (with decimal point). How old are batteries. Also, replace the bar style battery meter with this:

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How are my batteries dead at 36v? It is 6-6v batteries. I do not know how old the batteries are to be honest. The battery charger is connected all the time as well. I just bought the current battery meter so dont want to replace that right now. Looks like my step father has 6 new batteries that we will try.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:09 AM   #4
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Guess I should say 36V and not v. This is a 36V golf cart as it is today.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Here a very good thread that explains about batteries for carts:
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=152621&page=4

See post #33 of the thread for the chart. I printed, laminated and taped to windshield above the voltmeter for easy reference. If you don't have one, you will need to get a digital voltmeter to test connections, batteries, etc from time to time.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:45 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

The batteries in the cart may still be good. After doing a full charge, let them rest for about 8 hours, then measure pack voltage (eg. 37.8 volts) AND each battery (eg.6.4 volt) and post those numbers. Should tell us something about battery health. Also, post brand and AMP Hrs batteries are rated. And date of manufacter if you know it. Each brand has a way of coding on the battery some where.
Old 05-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidega View Post
How are my batteries dead at 36v? It is 6-6v batteries. I do not know how old the batteries are to be honest. The battery charger is connected all the time as well. I just bought the current battery meter so dont want to replace that right now. Looks like my step father has 6 new batteries that we will try.
At 36.0V, a 36V battery pack is only a bit more than 40% charged. A fully charged 36V battery pack in good health will have from 38.2V up to 38.5V depending on the battery's manufacturer.

Too bad you didn't buy a battery meter that provides you with good information about your battery pack's SoC (state of Charge).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Before I knew better, I went thru 3 of the "bar type" meters. They are very unreliable. When your goes out, replace with the one above. You won't regret it.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:51 AM   #9
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I get 37.5V when fully charged. 6.1V to 6.2V per battery. Batteries are US Battery US2200 Deep Cycle 6-Volt batteries
Old 05-17-2021, 12:24 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidega View Post
I get 37.5V when fully charged. 6.1V to 6.2V per battery. Batteries are US Battery US2200 Deep Cycle 6-Volt batteries
US Battery brand batteries have higher SoC voltages. SoC chart for US Battery attached.

At 37.5V, the are about 79% charged.

What make/model charger is being used?
Not all of them will fully charge US Battery brand products.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USB SoC 36-42-48V.jpg (176.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO