lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2021, 12:37 PM   #11
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Model H403 - Very slow uphill

Pics of the charger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery1.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery2.jpg (83.4 KB, 0 views)
rolltidega is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2021, 01:44 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Not all PW 28115 chargers will fully charge US Battery batteries.

Attached is the single stage charging profile from US Battery. The PW 28115 shuts off in the 44.0V to 46.0V range while batteries need the on-charge voltage to go into the 45.0V to 46.8V range, so half or more of the 28115 chargers fail to meet US Battery charging criteria.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg US Battery - Charge Specs - 1-Stage.JPG (105.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:56 PM   #13
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

JohnnieB, Considering he has 36 volts and this charger, what is his best approach to get the best of what he has? Would it be of benefit to do back to back charges?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:48 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
JohnnieB, Considering he has 36 volts and this charger, what is his best approach to get the best of what he has? Would it be of benefit to do back to back charges?
That would most likely help. Even if his charger is one of those that won't fully charge US Battery brand batteries, it ought to charge them to 90% or better, so the batteries are sick and back-to-back charging may improve them.

In post#3 he mentioned his stepfather had set of new batteries they were going to try and if the cart runs normally with them, then he'll know if he has a battery issue or not.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:00 PM   #15
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I appreciate the responses. I am by no means an electrical person so I am not fully understanding some things. How do you do a back to back charge?
Old 05-17-2021, 03:52 PM   #16
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

JohnnieB's the expert here, but my understanding is that you do a full charge (overnite). Let rest for about 8 hours so batteries can equalize, then do another overnite charge (or something like that.) FYI, Being a new owner of a cart, I found that reading the "stickies" (Home button-EZGo electric") has helped me a lot. And this forum has helped me fix a lot of stuff myself, lot of experts like JohnnieB on here that gladly give their time and advice to us self-learners. Good people here.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #17
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
JohnnieB's the expert here, but my understanding is that you do a full charge (overnite). Let rest for about 8 hours so batteries can equalize, then do another overnite charge (or something like that.) FYI, Being a new owner of a cart, I found that reading the "stickies" (Home button-EZGo electric") has helped me a lot. And this forum has helped me fix a lot of stuff myself, lot of experts like JohnnieB on here that gladly give their time and advice to us self-learners. Good people here.
I am beginning to understand that. I help run a forum site myself so I totally know how things work. I am just super glad this place is here!
Old 05-19-2021, 08:51 PM   #18
rolltidega
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Once I have the new batteries installed, what is the recommended charging method? Is there a “burn in” period for new batteries? I will likely be installing this this weekend.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:05 AM   #19
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Here is a good thread to read in "stickies" (Above left "Home" button- "Electric EZGo" section:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=152621

There are other threads also in the Club Car section. It'll help you to read over some of them, they were great help to me when I first got my cart.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidega View Post
Once I have the new batteries installed, what is the recommended charging method? Is there a “burn in” period for new batteries? I will likely be installing this this weekend.
Here's a pretty good article on battery break-in.
https://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO