lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #1
E-Z-come
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrades for a golf cart used for golfing, what will I gain?

Hey guys I’m looking for some expectations I should have for upgrading my 1994 marathon 36v. As the title states I bought this cart to use exclusively for golfing. The cart has new batteries and 4 gauge cables to the batteries. The controller/ motor cables appear to be maybe 6 gu wire. I think it’s got a 0-5k curtis type ctrlr. As far as I can see everything on this cart is original. I’d like to get years and years worth of golf out of this original old cart. I wouldn’t mind getting some more speed/torque going up steeper fairways / cart paths though. .

I imagine I’ll switch to 48v when the time comes but maybe I don’t need to. Therefore what changes and/or upgrades can or should I make to achieve my above goals for the use of the cart?

Thanks y’all
E-Z-come is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 07:04 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrades for a golf cart used for golfing, what will I gain?

All 13 (or14) cables ought to be the same thickness (4Ga or thicker) since the same amps flow through all of them.

Top speed with a 36V battery in perfect health and the rest of cart in good mechanical condition is from about 12MPH up to about 14MPH and drops to half that, or less, on a 25% grade (14° incline). To get more speed and torque, you have to increase the battery pack voltage.

You can increase top speed or increase torque by changing tire height or differential gear ratio, but it is one or the other.

A more powerful motor can get you higher speed or higher torque, or some combination of both.

Both the controller and the solenoid has to be compatible with the battery pack voltage, so if you plane to run 36V now and 48V later, get solenoid and controller that will work at both voltages so you won't have to replace them when you up the pack voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO