lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: RXV Danaher conversion kit

Okay folks.. I think we got off topic of the original post..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Obviously, Curtis is selling products for OEMs. As for hacking... That is NOT what I do! If I wanted to just hack controllers, anything out there is fair game. I am not interested in hacking. I design, patent, and source manufacturers for products! I don't NEED to hack! Everything that I do is based upon the internal architecture of the controllers that I work with. And I have worked WITH people in this industry that work with Curtis controllers to help them debug issues and better understand features built into the OS and VCL! My stance is that when a person buys a vehicle, it is THEIR vehicle to do with as they please! If they want it sped up to a different class of vehicle, I can help them do that, according to the federal regulations regarding golf carts, LSVs, and MSVs. As an EV manufacturer, I was required to be extremely familiar with the federal regulations governing each class of vehicles. I do not just up the speed alone. I make sure that the entire vehicle is capable of meeting the motor vehicle standards for speed and braking that would be required, according to the class of vehicle it becomes. If they do not want the braking updated to that level, I will not take it to a speed that the braking is not capable of stopping it at! At that point, it is up to the vehicle owner to install the rest of the safety equipment (DOT rated windshield, seatbelts, required lighting, ect) before they apply for a registration to make it street legal. The standards in Canada may be different. But in the US, the federal regulations concerning LSVs and MSVs are mirrored in the states that have taken on those classes of vehicles.

I'm nothing like those hacks that corrupt controllers to just make carts go fast, and don't care if people get hurt. I refuse to do those that are unsafe, or would be unsafe with mods that are requested. You must have me confused with someone else!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:19 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay folks.. I think we got off topic of the original post..
I agree. The original intent was to upgrade a Danaher cart. usgicollector gave the best advice. Since any other upgrade requires the re-use of the original harness, and those original harnesses were well documented to be compromised by corrosion, the obvious solution requires a replacement harness. Using an adapter kit with the original harness is just not an option that makes economical sense to anyone familiar with the early RXVs. Any time these subjects come up, the fanatical Navitas crowd loves to pipe up and try to make another sale! It was fine when they used to be affordable... now, not so much...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:41 PM   #14
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So get a Navitas and a new harness.
That gets rid of the Danaher and the old harness.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO