lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2021, 02:42 PM   #1
MBoone
Not Yet Wild

Default Whole axle spins while driving in 2016 RXV

For some reason, when I push the pedal to move forward, the axle, including the differential and motor rotate forward to the point where the motor hits up against the battery box and presses up against it until I let off the pedal and it rotates back. I have no clue what is going on or how to fix it. Any help would be amazing. Going to try and upload a short video of what its doing but not sure it will work.
MBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2021, 02:56 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Whole axle spins while driving in 2016 RXV

I have seen this before and it was brought about by improper installation of a lift kit. The U-bolts that hold the axle tubes to the springs are allowing the tubes to turn with torque. There are supposed to be two pins welded to the axle tubes that stick into holes in the lift kit blocks to prevent it's turning. You'll have to put it on jack stands and look into what was put together wrong. Be VERY careful of allowing it to move backward and forward. In the case that I saw there was very serious damage done to the AC drive motor cables and sensor wiring from its slamming against the batteries and the body. Also, as it turns the pillar blocks will begin to cut into the axle tubes. Inspect the depth of that cut. In my case it had been going on long enough that it had cut dangerously deep that in my view put it in jeopardy of breaking through with a pothole bump. I took it to a welder and had a bead ran around to reinforce the damage before reinstalling.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:18 AM   #3
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Broken U bolts will cause that.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Newer axles with the "locating pins" are known to break the pins off & spin when abused (or controller tuned to "crazy mode").
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO