lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #1
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default EZGO RXV advice

My buddy is selling this cart for $4200. EZGO RXV. Not exactly sure of the year. Lift kit, tires, rims, rear seat, lights, seatbelts, roof radio etc.

Any negatives with this type cart? I’ve only owned Club Cars in the past.

If batteries are newer is $4200 a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV advice

Old 06-28-2021, 04:47 AM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Much more powerful as a Clubcar, but the RXV is a fully computerized cart, so it's a little bit special ( i.e. braking with the motor, no wheel brakes at all ). If it's a 2012.5+ you can make it faster by reprogramming, not any parts needed. I love it, and your offer seems to be a fair price. To check the model year, look for the serial no. ( steering column near the flormat or behind the driver side front wheel at the frame )
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 05:59 AM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It's a 2015 or older by the body style.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:02 AM   #5
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Is that a long travel lift or just a basic spindle lift?

So nothing on this cart to be concerned with when it comes to maintenance or repairs? No super high ticket items? Don’t want a $4200 cart turning into a $6500 cart.

Old 06-28-2021, 07:26 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check the serial no., it's important If before or after 2012.5.No idea with the lift.
Old 06-28-2021, 08:32 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Different than a club car in the way it drives. No wheel brakes at all. All braking is done by motor regen which is very strong but some what adjustable. Cart does NOT coast. Holds speed at whatever go pedal position is. Takes a little practice to drive it correctly.
AC motor is powerful. Holds speed on hills better than DC carts. All electric RXVs have limited slip
Parking brake is on end of motor and is automatic. I love this feature. This is a common failure item mostly from abuse. User replaceable - $150-250 non covid price.
Most of these come with 12v batteries, a negative IMO. Can be converted to 8v.
Controller controls, well, everything. Electronics are sensitive to probing by the uneducated. A mistake here can easily fry the controller--$1000 or so.
First appeared in 2008. Early carts had a Danaher controller. Not bad but have since been discontinued and not replaceable. Later carts had a Curtis controller 2012.5 and up. As said these are the ones you want. Motors (brushless) have a reputation of being tough, which is good because they are expensive but not likely to ever need to be changed due to malfunction or for performance upgrade.
Lift looks like a spindle but not an expert on that. Definitely not a long travel.
Price seems fair if a Curtis cart. In my area you could prolly flip it for a grand.
$200 discount for the bulldog. At least the cart isn't red.

You can tell about the controller by lifting the seat. The metal plate the arrow points to should be black (Curtis). If it is grey or silver (Danaher)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0444.jpg (367.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #8
VEXING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I would say that's a fair price if batteries are newer. I just bought a 2012 RXV for $5,300 from a local cart flipper. Came with new 2021 Trojan batteries, new paint, new seat covers. He offered to sell for $4,000 as is with 2018 batteries.
VEXING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:23 AM   #9
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default EZGO RXV advice

Seller said they were told the cart is a 2009. So probably most definitely not a 2012.5 or newer.

Said batteries are a few years old and will need replacing soon. It has 4 - 12 volt batteries and a silver heat shield.

May pass on this one since there are better years out there to buy.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought my '09 in 2017 for ~ 2400$ ( without any upgrades ). If you're ok with 23mph max an early model is not bad at all
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO