lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2021, 07:57 AM   #11
LatonkaPiranha
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Batteries for 2017 EZGO RXV

I am looking for Trojan T-875 batteries in western PA....none to be found. I have tried everywhere within 3 hours or so. Tried dealers in OH, NY and WV. All say they have not been able to get Trojans, shipping dates are always pushed back.

I have been considering US Battery, but I have the Trojan Hydrolink and don't want to remove it.
LatonkaPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #12
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Throw the Hydrolink away, it can and it will fail one day! Either you'll find acid spots on the ground like me ( some cells were overfilled ) or in worst case, an exploded battery due to failing ventilation! Use the search function, i saw a lot of impressive pictures here...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:34 AM   #13
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree with ojo..throw that hydrolink away! I think it was JohnnieB on here showed me pics of a hydrolink failing and the gases were carried from battery to battery blowing ALL of them up at once...bet that made some noise...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:23 AM   #14
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes, CGTech and JohnnieB opened my eyes, nobody will really experience that...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:01 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here are some pictures of what happens when batteries are connected together with tubes that act like fuses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-1.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-4.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-5.jpg (212.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Exploded batteries - Chain Fire-6.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:13 PM   #16
Jsermini
Not Yet Wild

By hydrolink, is that that the same as watering system? I do have a watering system in my ezgo. Mainly the reason is that it is hard to get to the one battery that is tucked way in the back. The 3 batteries are easy to get to, it's just that one in the back that is difficult to reach and maintain.
Jsermini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #17
Jsermini
Not Yet Wild

BTW, in regard to Trojan batteries, I looked at the Trojan website and found Trojan dealers. I called around to find a battery, and I was not able to find one local. One distributor told me that they carry a battery manufactured by Trojan, but it is black labeled so that distributors can sell as their own.

Also, as far as batteries go, it appears that Trojan and East Penn (Deka) may be owned by the same parent company. These batteries may all be essentially the same. I haven't purchased anything yet, but I am leaning toward giving that black label battery a try.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #18
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes to the question on watering system...and it is difficult to get to the one in back for sure....as for the Black Label I carry those as well and they do come from Trojan...I only carry the 6 and 8 volts they are labeled Trojan Black OR Powertron P2000 or 8000...I have had pretty good luck with the black label but I have found they don't generally last as long as the Trojan Branded, not between charges I mean in the long run before replacement hence the lower price...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:16 PM   #19
Jsermini
Not Yet Wild

Ok, that works for me. I only use my cart for golf, and I only need to get another 2-3 years out of this one before I buy a new one.

The batteries that I am looking at seem to be rated as less amp hours. These batteries are 20HR140 compared to the Trojan which is 150 AH @ 20HR. What are the implications with this battery? Does this mean the battery won't hold the charge as long? Will it impact the speed of the cart?
Old 07-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsermini View Post
Ok, that works for me. I only use my cart for golf, and I only need to get another 2-3 years out of this one before I buy a new one.

The batteries that I am looking at seem to be rated as less amp hours. These batteries are 20HR140 compared to the Trojan which is 150 AH @ 20HR. What are the implications with this battery? Does this mean the battery won't hold the charge as long? Will it impact the speed of the cart?
You'd have 7200Wh of stored energy with the 150AH batteries and 6720Wh with the 140AH batteries. That is 6.7% less storage capacity, so how far you can drive on a single charge will by about 7% less and the cradle to grave lifespan of the pack will also be about 7% less.

The cart speed will be the same, just won't go as far.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO