lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
3491yrennalf
Not Yet Wild

Default 1995 36v ezgo medalist problem

I purchased a 1995 36v ezgo cart. I think it is a medalist since it has a metal body. It has the f/r selector as a handle under the seat with a rod going to the switch over in front of the controller. I am not sure if it is dcs, series, spex and not sure what brand the controller is. The controller has the solenoid mounted on the controller and there is no tow/maintenance switch. I have new batteries and they test at 41v when charged. The cart jerks hard when you depress the pedal but will not move after the initial jerk-forward or reverse. The solenoid does not appear to have a transitor but it may be hidden. Any suggestions on what I have and what tests to run? Pictures attached of the controller, solenoid .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (1).jpg (106.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
3491yrennalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
3491yrennalf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1995 36v ezgo medalist problem

I have decided that this is a medalist series cart and I think it is a 4 post Curtis controller with a 6 pin connector. Solenoid does have a transitor. When pedal is depressed the cart immediately jumps at full speed and stops in a second or two, then will not run at all. Afraid it is controller or in pedalbox. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
3491yrennalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO