lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2021, 07:01 PM   #11
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 EzGo Txt PDS Sounds Like a Motorbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
Something is very wrong there. That bearing is supposed to be pressed on to the axle. It looks to me like sometime in the past somebody has replaced a bad bearing on that axle after the old one had locked up and turned on the axle, damaging it. I think you're right to order a new axle. Also, when the axle is replaced back into the axle tube it is supposed to be positioned between two lock rings inside the tube. The new bearing seal goes in first, then a lock ring, then the axle and bearing with a second lock ring to hold everything in place. I feel certain at this point that the bad axle and bearing assembly was the cause of the stripped splines in the drum. It was mounted in such a manner as to allow sideways movement of the axle, chewing up the drum. I couldn't see, was there actually TWO lock rings or had they left one out ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wSXqJZ_m4
==============================================

sthreatt - yes, there were two ring clamps along with the bearing and seal. The install order is bearing seal - ring clamp (I will re-check tomorrow if it is installed correctly) - axle/bearing (bearing is not pressed and free-moving) - lock rings (this one is installed properly).

So yeah, I ordered a new axle shaft which will arrive hopefully on Thursday. I also got new bearings/seal/ring clamps as a set for this 2006 Txt from Amazon arriving tomorrow. Brake drum with brake shoes (set for 2 side) that arrived was incorrect so I ordered a new set (hopefully Amazon will send me the correct part).

Really interesting as to how this will turn out, but I hope no further expenses will be incurred after this.

Thanks for the reply and I will keep you updated of the progress.

PS - the axle and bearing seal puller from the video you posted here was really cool. Probably need to create one of those to make my life easier when working on axles.
RXV Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #12
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrier View Post
The rear wheels are completely independent of each other. Not a locking or even a post diff in these carts. Since his brake drum splines are blown, all the power is going to the blown splined hub side which is why it sounds like a muffler and the cart is not moving.
================================

Farrier - the bearing was not pressed on my axle so it moves so that is another issue which should be fixed by a new axle and bearing (with seal and snap ring) set.

Thank you for the insight.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 PM   #13
RXV Lover
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Golf Cart is fixed. Had to replace the rear driver side axle, brake drum, bearing and seal. So far it is running good. It's on the slow side but could be due to the battery being old. But hey it runs and my kid can use it going short distances (Walmart, gym, work and church).

Thanks to everyone who chimed it, especially Sthreatt who had been spot on.
Old 08-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #14
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO