lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2021, 06:46 AM   #1
Budmanklass
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 ezgo txt no speed sensor wire on motor

Just pick up this cart and I see an extra cable hanging near the motor wiring. I believe it’s a speed sensor plug but the motor does not have a speed sensor plug coming off it. My question is this normal? I haven’t tried running the cart yet as I am replacing the batteries and want to make sure the motor not having a speed sensor can be normal. Thanks
Budmanklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ezgo txt no speed sensor wire on motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budmanklass View Post
Just pick up this cart and I see an extra cable hanging near the motor wiring. I believe it’s a speed sensor plug but the motor does not have a speed sensor plug coming off it. My question is this normal? I haven’t tried running the cart yet as I am replacing the batteries and want to make sure the motor not having a speed sensor can be normal. Thanks
May be the wrong motor installed in the cart. A 2004 is either a series drive (no speed sensor on motor or controller) or a PDS (sepex drive with speed sensor on motor and controller).

Post a picture of the back side of the motor and the cable.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:06 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

AND take a picture of the contcoller or tell us what model # it is....is it stock or aftermarket controller?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
Budmanklass
Not Yet Wild

Thanks here is the pics.
Old 08-07-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's a PDS cart but that appears to be a series motor.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

And will probably cook the controller so don’t hook it up.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:39 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looks like you have a 2004 TXT with a sepex drive (PDS). All the pictures except one, are consistent with a stock PDS cart.

The picture with the motor shows the wrong motor installed. The motor has studs labeled S1 & S2 while the stock PDS motor would have those studs labeled F1 & F2, so it is either a series drive motor or it might be a DCS motor. In either case, it will not function with a stock PDS controller.

The loose speed sensor cable terminated with a Deutch DT04-3R connector indicates a D&D aftermarket sepex motor may have been installed at one some time in the past. Or at least D&D puts a DT04-3P on their speed sensors. Not sure what other aftermarket sepex motors have.

----------
A closeup of the motor's label so the model number is readable will allow us to identify the motor, not that it really matters much since it is unusable with the PDS controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:09 PM   #8
Budmanklass
Not Yet Wild

Okay thanks everyone so much for the help. I guess my first priority is to find a correct PDS Sepex motor correct? And then go from there? Thanks again everyone
Old 08-08-2021, 07:36 AM   #9
Budmanklass
Not Yet Wild

Also how would I know if the controller is good? It appears to be factory with all the warranty labels in place. Is there anyway to text it with just batteries installed and not hooked up to the motor? Thanks
Old 08-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #10
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budmanklass View Post
Also how would I know if the controller is good? It appears to be factory with all the warranty labels in place. Is there anyway to text it with just batteries installed and not hooked up to the motor? Thanks
Let me know what you find. I have owned one of these PDS carts for two years that I bought knowing motor and controller was fried.

I only wanted the seats both front and rear is the reason I bought it. They were like new.

Tires were new also and the owner didn't want to spend what it would take to get it back going being it needed both motor and controller.

I found out later they towed it behind a truck 4 miles at about 30 miles per hours without flipping the tow switch and the starter sort of fried and I am sure it took the controller out also.

I wish you luck and will follow this post.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO