lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2021, 08:02 AM   #11
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 RXV died on a hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr202 View Post
when I came out after 3 hours and it showed fully charged
Just because the meter says charged doesn't mean it is. Use a handheld voltmeter to check the pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjr202 View Post
Can the solenoid still be bad if it's clicking? It clicks. I can't find my multimeter at the moment to test it further.
It can still click and not pass current. If the surface is pitted or some other issue that prevents good contact it may pass pack voltage until you start to draw serious current. There's also likely a bypass resistor on the solenoid, it's just there to lengthen the service life of the solenoid.

That didn't happen with my solenoid failure, mine just didn't click anymore. The more common failures are just no clicking or fusing so it's always connected.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #12
pjr202
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Just because the meter says charged doesn't mean it is. Use a handheld voltmeter to check the pack.

It can still click and not pass current. If the surface is pitted or some other issue that prevents good contact it may pass pack voltage until you start to draw serious current. There's also likely a bypass resistor on the solenoid, it's just there to lengthen the service life of the solenoid.

That didn't happen with my solenoid failure, mine just didn't click anymore. The more common failures are just no clicking or fusing so it's always connected.
Ok thanks. I'm gonna have to turn the house upside down to find that meter I guess. I know exactly when I last used it, which irritates me even more.
pjr202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Go buy a new one then the old one will show up.

And then once you get it fixed ask the girl “So why did I have to come retrieve the cart from somewhere you weren’t supposed to be?”
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #14
pjr202
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Go buy a new one then the old one will show up.

And then once you get it fixed ask the girl “So why did I have to come retrieve the cart from somewhere you weren’t supposed to be?”
My wife insists she can find the meter, and she probably will. There's solid research that shows men have more trouble finding things because they don't differentiate colors as well as women. I'm also color blind, having scored a 35% on a legitimate test administered by my neurologist. One would think yellow would be easy to find, but not for me..lol

I have (usually in a lighthearted way) harassed my daughter relentlessly about the incident. I told her she better hope the problem is the solenoid, because half the price of a speed controller is gonna wipe out her greenlight card.
pjr202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO