lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
Outhouse
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ Go TXT front wheel alignment?

My buddy has a TXT, lifted, electric and the front wheels look un-aligned. How can we test and correct if needed?
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2021, 07:46 AM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go TXT front wheel alignment?

One option is to measure the center of the tire in front of the centerline of the spindle then measure the back at the center line. Toe in should be 1/8' according to the owners manual. To get a more accurate setting I measured the height from the ground to the center line of the spindle and put a mark on the front and back of the tire rim. Then I took a piece of all threaded rod, cut to a close length and put a coupling nut on with a lock nut. Now adjust the coupling nut until you get a 1/8" difference between the front marks and the back. The front should be tight and the back should have the 1/8" gap. Worked for me and makes it easy to re-check if something gets bumped out of wack.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just lifted the front off the ground and used a piece of chalk to mark the center line while spinning each wheel. Drop it to the ground and hop in and roll it forward and back a foot to let the suspension settle out. Then check the distance between the marks front and back. As Capt. Lenny said, the caster should be 1/8 of an inch closer in the front than it is in the back.

As for camber, I don't think there's any adjustment that you can do outside of a torch and big hammer to give the front weldment an 'adjustment'... But if your camber is off and you haven't crashed into anything then you may have worn king pins/bushings or loose/warn wheel bearings.

Important Note! Before you do the alignment and while you have the wheels up in the air, sit beside the cart and grab the tire at the very top and bottom. Push in with one hand and pull out with the other and switch, see how much play is there. A very small amount is normal but beyond that you have something worn out and the alignment won't help since that wobble will change how the alignment acts while in use. Fix worn stuff first.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:13 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

As BronsonJ said check for play in your king pins. Torque on the king pin bolt should be 56-70 Ft Lbs. And while you're at it, check for play in your tie rod ends and replace if necessary. All moving parts on the steering has an affect on alignment.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
Outhouse
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO