lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
coon hunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Electical ??????

My 98 TXT is running fine but now it is pulling down the battery while you are running it.My volts are fine but i guess my amps are being pulled down. when you are going down the road you can feel the power going away and then it will not start back up,check the battery and it shows 12.2 volts but not enough amps to start the cart. the green wire shows 14 volts so it should be recharging but its not any help would be great. I guess i am asking if anyone has a wireing diagram so i can rewire this thing? Also the clutch is a little jerky and i was told you can put a little graphit on it and it would help.Every once in a while the clutch will work fine and allow the RPM to rev up but then its like it shifts in another gear and it just dont pull very well. any one know???
coon hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electical ??????

Check you battery cables for a short and check the engine ground cable.. If they are okay you may have very worn brushes on the starter....although I don't understand the "you cna feel the power going away' remark?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

after checking things like scotty said, charge up the batt, start it up and test volts at batt. What are the volts at the batt while running? and I don't understand the green wire putting out 14v, it's a grounding wire. If your talking about testing by grounding out the green wire then measuring volts at the batt it should be around 16v when running.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
coon hunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Power going away as in no power in the battery so not enough fire out of the coil.
coon hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO