lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #1
teecraw37
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 36V PDS Open Field Alarm

Hey guys,

I’m kinda at a dead end with this thing. I have a 2002 EZGO PDS with a AllTrax XCT 400 amp controller. Before I plugged my controller into the computer to check errors I had already did 2ga wiring on the cart, new batteries, upgraded solenoid, new throttle switch. Everything on this cart is pretty much new except for the motor. Reason I have not gotten a new motor is because all my test on the motor so far have checked out good. I have checked continuity from F1 to F2 (had continuity, 2.8ohms) AllTrax said up to 3ohm is good, checked from A1 to A2 (had continuity, good), checked A1 to body (no continuity, good), checked F1 to body (no continuity, good) and lastly checked A1 to F1 (no continuity, good). Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!
teecraw37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2021, 07:54 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36V PDS Open Field Alarm

Normal continuity between F1 & F2 for a stock 36V PDS motor is between 1.0Ω and 2.0Ω, so your motor is a bit on the high side. The 3.0Ω mentioned by Alltrax might be the XCT's trigger point for the open field error. However, at 2.8Ω it shouldn't alarm and should run, but might have reduced torque.

Check the continuity of the F1 & F2 wires.

Also, check what the controller is seeing. That is connect F1 and F2 wires to motor and measure Ohms between them at the controller end of those wires (with wires disconnected from controller).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO