lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
jessez
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 EZGO TXT will not function after full charge

2 weeks ago, someone left the lights on our EZGO Txt (36V) for over 48 hours draining the batteries.

1) The electronic (LED) battery charge indicator showed the bottom red LET light flashing, which indicated that the batteries did not have enough residual charge to accept a new charge.
2) I attempted a recharge anyway, but the cart would not accept a recharge (meaning the charger did not register any activity when I plugged it into the cart)
3) I checked the battery fluid levels, which were low (not terribly low, however), and I added distilled water to all cells of all six batteries.
4) I then attempted a recharge, but this time the charge indicated was completely blank, and the cart still would not accept recharge.
5) I removed took all six batteries and took them to a auto parts store for testing. 2 were bad, so I replaced them.
6) I put the 4 old and 2 new batteries back in the cart, and the cart accepted a full recharge.
7) The charge indicator remains blank, and the golf card will not move.

What else could be wrong that prevents the cart from registering the charge and moving?
jessez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT will not function after full charge

Check to see if you missed a wire hooking it back up. If not check the small red wire in the loom coming from the charge receptacle next to the controller cover and make sure it has pack voltage.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 02:30 PM   #3
jessez
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2001 EZGO TXT will not function after full charge

KGSC, thanks for the recommendation. I got it fixed.
jessez is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO