lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2022, 11:50 AM   #1
jstang
Not Yet Wild

Default New Golf Cart Owner - Question about adding turn signals

Hey guys, I recently picked up a 48V 2014 EZ Go TXT cart. I am in the process of making it street legal. The cart already had head lights and tail lights when I received it. I bought a turn signal kit off of Amazon and can't get it to work.

The seller stated that I would need a voltage reducer to reduce to 12v. I would assume this would have also been needed in order to run the head lights but they work fine? I'm sure this is a subject that has been beat to death on a forum like this but wanted to present my situation as I'm sure they are all unique.

Thanks in advance!
jstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2022, 10:39 PM   #2
SunCoastCruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New Golf Cart Owner - Question about adding turn signals

jstang,
My EZGO dealer told me they haven't changed the factory lighting in years so you may be in luck. Open up the center console and see if you have the 6 pin connector. Also, check your front lights and see if you have little yellow lights on each side for built in blinkers. See my recent thread on how to install a plug and play turn signal. https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=181682. If someone upgraded or added the lights, then you may have a 9 pin connector and your turn signal would need to match for plug and play. I didn't need a 12v reducer because everything was included in the harness. I'd take a picture of your harness and connector then take it to an EZGO dealer and ask them what you need to make it work. I found the mechanics at my dealer are friendly and willing to help, of course, I did buy the turn signal switch from them. You could ask if they sell one that will fit the harness.
SunCoastCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
jstang
Not Yet Wild

Mine has the 9 pin connector and they headlights have the yellow led turn signal bulbs separate
jstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:12 PM   #4
SunCoastCruiser
Not Yet Wild

That's great. If your new turn signal has a 9 pin connector it should be plug and play. Here's a good video to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a2y9sNNVrc

It's an RVX so it's a bit easier. With the TXT you still need to drill the 1.5" hole like the picture in my other post above.
SunCoastCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO