lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
casey46
Not Yet Wild

Smile wiring lights

hi all!! i am glad to find a place like this!!
ok i'll try to explain close as i can..2002 gas ezgo
ebay basic light kit, has lights and amber lights for front and rear lights as well in bezell..
8 wire turn signal kit with 3 prong flasher w/fuse
brake light kit with timer w/fuse

hooked lights up the where fine....hooked turn signals up as stated in directions (problems about 12 hrs :( ___
turn signal light on headlights tail lights flashed...then got very confused for 12 hrs you can imagine the wire cut and splice...
i am so confused now... got a head ache...anyway...
i hooked all the color wires for the signals to the Black wires that came from
the lights (not the black going to some didn't even have a black going to..
(is this right hook to black) i could get turn signals with out lights on but when the lights was on lost turn signals on back, but back looks like brake and running lights are on all the time...could someone please explain...
oh i did not have the brake and timer hooked up....thought i would get turn signals then go to brakes...i did manage to set the switch though
or these 89.00 kits ready for the turn signals and brakes...seems like the black wires their all spliced into the red wire on the harness...anyone please thanks....
casey46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: wiring lights

Did this kit not come with instruction? There are wiring diagrams in the tech service manual but it only covers ezgo stuff, at least I never seen an ebay light section in there. maybe it could help anyway
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
casey46
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
Did this kit not come with instruction? There are wiring diagrams in the tech service manual but it only covers ezgo stuff, at least I never seen an ebay light section in there. maybe it could help anyway
yes wiring diagrams
i hooked the light kit first works fine
7-8 wire turnsignal i don't know the difference so any way i have the 8 wire with 3 prong flash
digram shows
red =brake ( got swithc mounted but not wired) thought i would wire turn signals then get them workin then wire brake (one step at time but this may be problem? dunno)
yellow going to front left turn signal ok ...now when i look at lights the amber light has a black and white wire going to it all connected tolight kit wiring harness (which the black actully is spliced into the red from harness if this makes since) so anyway i cut the black to the amber giving me both end now i recrimp it with the yellow wire in the crimp......this is maybe where i am wrong the diagram shows wire going to turn signal light but really dont say black or white wire to tie into...is this right so far? thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
casey46
Not Yet Wild

turn switch has a red wire and a red wire with black streak but diagram shows no red w/black streak also shows a blue wire going to flasher no blue wire so i used the red w/black is this wrong?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

I can't tell what's going on from your description, i'd have to sit down with both diagrams to match it all up
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problems
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO