lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #11
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: 1977 TaylorDunn restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507581 View Post
i have a 77, your going to have problems on the circuit board with the throttle contacts they are going to start to arc of a period of time, eventually the throttle will stick and not move, never figured out how to fix it, so i am putting in a motor cycle engine in now
Thanks for the info,the throttle is already very hard to push,so I know I am going to have to do something with it.
jhockey2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackel440 View Post
Ok interesting question for you.Does it only have brakes on the pinion shaft?My flatbed has hydraulic drum brakes on the axle ends ,and the parking brake is on the pinion just like yours.Mine has the pretty much exact same motor,drive chain case and rearend setup as yours.Make sure there is oil in that chain case!If not the #35 double row chain and sprockets will be toast.You don't wnt to buy those.They are through the roof for the pinion one.I priced it at over $200 and the motor sprocket at $50.Just a little fyi for you.Make sure the seals are good and it has oil in it.
Looking like a nice start.
Yes the only brake is the pinion brake and the pad looks alittle broken up.All the seals look good so far but I will be opening up everything and checking the gears,chains etc.Thanks for all your input and keep it coming I really need all the help I can get and I really appreciate it,even if you think I won't like it still let me know,I take suggestions and bad news very well.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #13
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
As far as the controls.My friend just converts everything to new electronics.He uses cushman parts to change out the outdated systems as in these older carts.They are more reliable then plus you can get parts then.
Yeah the throttle system doesn't look to good,I might see if it will work for abit and then look at newer systems for it.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #14
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

when you go to take it apart there is a drain plug at the bottom of the case to drain the gear oil.
There is a tool you are supposed to use to align the case to the pinion shaft coming out of the rearend so your seals are centeredt correctly.My friend says if you put it back together carefully and keep things centered you don't need it.
They are notorius for leaking the oil out of the chain case from what i have been told.If yours has oil in it and is not leaking I would just drain it and put fresh oil in for now.
I will have to find the link ,but there is a place which has all taylor dunns manuals online.I have downloaded mine and printed it off at work(why use my ink and paper if i dont have to LOL!)
http://cartmart.com/taylor-dunn-parts.php
just go down the list and find your model and see which one contains your serial number and then just download the manual.This is if you don't have one
good luck
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #15
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
when you go to take it apart there is a drain plug at the bottom of the case to drain the gear oil.
There is a tool you are supposed to use to align the case to the pinion shaft coming out of the rearend so your seals are centeredt correctly.My friend says if you put it back together carefully and keep things centered you don't need it.
They are notorius for leaking the oil out of the chain case from what i have been told.If yours has oil in it and is not leaking I would just drain it and put fresh oil in for now.
I will have to find the link ,but there is a place which has all taylor dunns manuals online.I have downloaded mine and printed it off at work(why use my ink and paper if i dont have to LOL!)
http://cartmart.com/taylor-dunn-parts.php
just go down the list and find your model and see which one contains your serial number and then just download the manual.This is if you don't have one
good luck
Thanks very much for the info,it will be put to good use.I think I will just drain it and refill for now,as well as checking the rear end fluid.I used the link and found my manual and just put it on my laptop for now,will print as needed,for now I printed the wiring diagrams,anything else I will just have my laptop in the shop and print if needed.Thanks again.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #16
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Cool! That's what I did also.Just print out another page if it get to greasy
Have fun with it.I gotta goto work.darn second shift
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #17
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Cool! That's what I did also.Just print out another page if it get to greasy
Have fun with it.I gotta goto work.darn second shift
Thats to bad up here it is a holiday.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
clutch
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

jhockey 2008,
if you decide to upgrade to a controller type let me know i have a brand new curtis 400 amp controller for a taylor dunn i will give you a good price.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #19
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
jhockey 2008,
if you decide to upgrade to a controller type let me know i have a brand new curtis 400 amp controller for a taylor dunn i will give you a good price.
Thanks clutch I will keep that in mind,as eventually I probably will change it up,right now I think it has a piece broken off the corner of the gear switch.I am going to post some pics and hopfully someone can tell me if this can be fixed for now or do I need to replace it.Thanks again clutch.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #20
jhockey2008
Not Yet Wild

Taylor-Dunn

After looking at the control switch on my cart,it looks like a corner is broken off and the area is blackened,will add pics,do I need a new one or can I fix or make one.This is on the forward reverse switch,any help would be great.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts