lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 350 performance head

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
I bought an IEquus tach from CPP and had a couple issues with it. I have an MSD ignition and it didn't want to read multiple sparks. LMK what you got, we'll get it to work....
That head is a 1 of a kind from Az. it was on a display motor for a couple years! The closest you can get is a 295 head on a 350 block. They also run very good. It's cold and wet here, not much progress will happen today. Sorry.
It is running and is strong! I need to check the valves and adjust the carb a little. Ya'll have a good day.
Got the same tach.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That tach has to be programmed to have the right no.of cylider. I had to preset the program for 1000 rpm for mine to work correctly. I had to use the single wire for the pickup from the ignition. The MSD has a tach port. You should be able to run off the plug wire and get it to work. Try the different setting. I originally set it for a single, because of the dead fire. It peaked at 8000 when I tapped the throttle. That was programming. The red button.

My major plan has slightly changed. I am going to bolt the performance 350 head on an MCI 350 that is brand new. I tried before and the pistons hit the head. I didn't pay much attention, I just knew it wouldn't work.

I have found that the major difference in the top of an MCI engine is that the pistrons protrude past the deck and into the head at TDC. I'm shaving the pistons down to deck level and am going to try that modified 350 head on an MCI block. These have a lightened flywheel and should respond quicker.
SO, I took apart an MCI motor to determine what is needed to make a MCI motor faster First, you need your pistons shaved about 0.010 or until they don't stick out above the deck.

I want a real fresh block for the performance head, and I think it will work now. We'll see. It was bought and is stock with three tanks of gas run through it. It then retired until today~!
All I need for this is gaskets and a lotta luck

When the MCI is flying, I'll bore this other block and get it ready for a 295 head. Then we'll have two HP motors to use
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #13
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, Ive had a new devlopement since our last test and it is a work of art There is a new costom built, extremely ported head that I have voluteered to test. It has more compression that a stock 295 and tons of port for flow. This is custom built and amazes me. Pictures don't do it justiceThis should be running tomorrow. Picture one shows the stock 295 next to the modified 295. The exhaust ports were raised and the welding allowed for bigger than normal ports.#2 shows the custom 350 head, the stock 295 and the hyper 295. The third shows the buildup used to raise the intake ports. So This shpuld have more compression and flow than all previous test units. Interesting.
The previous 350 modified head ran very strong up to 5500-6000rpm. A matching cam would make it really go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg head comparisons 009.jpg (113.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg head comparisons 003.jpg (117.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Frankenhead 004.jpg (79.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg head comparisons 004.jpg (85.0 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Frankenhead 002.jpg (88.2 KB, 17 views)
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #14
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Hey dude that looks cool. I have done small engine work for some time and it is a hobbie. I just got into ez go engines and mods and i cant get enough. I want to do this mod so bad I just gotta find the parts and the moulah. ha ha.. I gotta see this thing run along with the pics and specs. Most of all I wanna know how you did it. I do have a question though. Did you open up the exhaust ports off the head to compensate for the increased intake ( to help it breathe ) or was it for another purpose?
Thanks man, that thing is gonna kick some a**!!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How did the test go Tony?
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO