lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Radio on golf cart

I have a 2007 ez go st 2+2 and I was wondering how should I wire? I thought about wiring on a switch but how would you do that? If any ideas let me know. What do you do with ground wire? Do you need to put a in line fuse with the radio and speaker? Do i need to hook a amp up with it the speakers there 100 watt peak. Post pics of how to do it also if you have any.
THANKS Steve
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio on golf cart

Motor,

Seeing as you have a gas machine I don't think you need to worry about battery drain like us sparky guys do so, I am thiking that you should be able to wire your stereo up as you would with any other 12V system. Ground to the frame and then and inline fuse (they are always a good idea) and then regular wiring. As for wiring the radio to a switch, the only drawback I see is theat you might loose your programing and stuff when there is no power to the radio?

I'm not 100% sure about how you might get around that. There's a few guys like Gornoman and ScottyB that have a bunch of knowledge about this issue,,,you may want to jump into the sparky section and see if they could help.

Good luck....having tunes on your cart is fun

K9
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
motormouth27
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How would you be able to keep power to it so it wont lose programming? I thinking about mounting it overhead. Think the underglow will be able to here it so it can bounce to the beat
motormouth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

I would think that you would have to have one wire going to your battery for constant power. Pretty much have to drive your cart on a regular basis so that it remains charged or,,, your gonna walk out to a dead cart all the time.

I had MMT wire mine up (but I have an elec) and Mike wired in a switch that I can turn it on or off and, it never looses programming.

Like I said, there's a few members that have done this thing a hundred times and several of them have wiring diagrams they may share.

As for the beat of the music making your glow lights work....I have no idea. Sorry
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

I'd run to the battery, both pos and neg with an inline fuse or you could go to the aux fuse block with the pos. grounding to the frame isn't as reliable being how the carts are designed. you'll notice how most everything is grounded at the battery on these carts.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

MM27

Most newer aftermarket radios come with three wires, ground, a red and yellow wires. Sometimes one of them are orange, but the yellow wire is usually your constant power, and it keeps the memory for the radio, the red can go to your switch so your radio will turn on and off. Get the idea.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO