lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
keymstr
Not Yet Wild

Default Can you help identify the body style of my EZ GO?

I just picked up the cart yesterday, runs good, seems to ride ok. I want to start ordering parts to fix it up, but don't know how to tell what model I have. I have google and site searched but don't know what the right keywords would be. If anyone has suggestions on what to search for please let me know. If anyone can tell by looking or the details below that would be great too.

Here is what I think I know, it's a 94 based on the vin plate. The VIN says D1494. It has a metal body at least in places and it has some louvered vents on the same panel where the key and fwd / rwd switch is.

This is only my second cart, my last one was a 1998 and had way too many problems so I sold it and picked up this one.
keymstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
keymstr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can you help identify the body style of my EZ GO?

Here is a picture of the cart. Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's an EZGO Marathon golf cart

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It looks to be a 1994
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to tell us if its a resistor car or a car with a controller.If you went from a 98 to this car you justb went backwards. But the old marathons are good cars too.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
keymstr
Not Yet Wild

It's a gas cart, I don't think it has a resistor or a controller? My 98 was pretty rough. The body was shot, it came from a kid that used it as a four wheeler.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
You need to tell us if its a resistor car or a car with a controller.If you went from a 98 to this car you justb went backwards. But the old marathons are good cars too.
It runs on REAL fuel
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
keymstr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to all that responded. I appreciate it.

Any suggestions on what to tackle 1st? What would be the best bang for my upgrading bucks?

The cart runs good, no backfiring, no smoke, starts right up, oil looks clean, clutch seems very smooth (unlike the snap your neck jerking of my old cart), has a new battery, doesn't rattle and squeak when riding around. My old cart had all those problems plus a crappy seat and body. I sold the 98 for $1200 and bought this one for $1250 so I thought that was a huge upgrade even though this one is 4 years older.

I am thinking tires and wheels would go a long way to cleaning up the look. Any suggestions on size? It has 22x11x8's on it now. I don't need a bunch of clearance, it will just be driven on the roads around the lake.

I bought a Kenwood deck and some round speakers for it. Any suggestions on speaker pods or where to mount the radio? I don't really like the over head console idea, but if that's the best option I would go that route.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO