lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: My new cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
So let's look at the facts. Before you got it it had a "slight miss" The dealer dicked around with it and eventually adjusted the valves. Well misadjusted valves will not cause a slight miss. If they are too gapped then the the valves will not open fully and the tappets will clatter. To tight and the valves will not fully close and will quickly burn out. Now for some bizarre reason they do not want you to mess with it (although why you would want to fiddle with the governor is a mystery). No it all sounds very suspicious to me.
Now you think that it is running hot but this is your first cart so how would you know? You really need to find another owner of a similar cart and make a subjective assessment. If it is indeed running hot then you need to find out why. Perhaps the "dealer" simply dicked around with the carb until things seemed right and now it is running lean. The idea of masking the sypmtoms with another cooling fan is, to be brutally frank, douchbaggery beyond belief. If it needed another cooling fan you can bet all manufacturers would have one as standard.
Here is what I suggest. 1) Remove that spark plugs and see if they look white or burnt. This would be an indication that it is running lean. 2) Check that the fan is not choked with grass or leaves etc. 3) Check that no one has removed the air deflector. 4) Check your oil level.
Adding another fan is like treating the symptoms not the disease.
Sorry boys regarding the fan. I have an older resistor cart and installed a fan to cool the coils in the resistor speed box. I wasn't unhappy with the coils being hot but thought keeping them cooled would prolong their life.
Manufacturers don't necessarily install parts that prolong the life of a cart to keep the initial cost of the product down. Case in point, adding aftermarket transmission coolers to PU's!
I'm thinking Bigred is unfamiliar with gas carts and what is a normal engine compartment environment may seem overly hot to him.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

just realized I had never replied to this thread after checking plugs.
The plugs look normal, no white on them at all.
have pulled them now a couple of times to check them out, they seem to be fine.

cart runs great, oil level is staying constant,
I still havent had a chance to compare my carts "seat of the pants" temperature feel to anyone elses, but I am starting to think the amount of heat I feel is normal.

I still wonder about my carb main jet, since the engine does have a sticker that says it is jetted for high altitudes. But I would think that would make the cart run lean, am I thinking wrong?
it does backfire a bit coming down hills, so I am needing to check my throttle cable and make sure the carb is closing good.
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

in 2002 they changed the throttle/governor cables with a new design. the new design in my eyes sucks! instead of one cable they now use 2. and the cable that goes from the pedal to the back of the rear end is zipped tied down by the rear end and then continues up to the top of the rear end and meets with a spring and another cable to the carb. in our lease fleet we cut the zip tie and try and let the cable have a less of a drastic angle.... sometimes that cable will hold the carb open a little when you let off??? maybe that's why it backfires a little??????

If it is the high altitude jet and you are at 900ft it should make the motor run a little hotter. But at the same time i have had brand new gas carts shipped to me from ezgo to phx AZ with an 82 main jet. and from 0-2000ft ezgo calls for a 90 main jet?????? so I would pull the jet and see what is in it and go from there just my 2 cents
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO