lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: my G2 turned G9 hybrid

I got an airbox and the huge rubber hose for $10 from a boneyard, little place and he let me take it off myself. Now I can buy a $7 filter at any store for a cavalier lol....that flows 125hp of air or whatever that econobox car had. Then I put a 2" pvc fitting into the bottom of it and ran pvc up to behind the front body for clean air intake. All I did was weld a 1.25 tube on the frame and a plate on top drilled for the airbox to mount on. Had to put some pvc from the carb to the hose. The hose gets crushed part way on full rear suspension compression, but since its like a 3" hose I'm not that worried about it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #12
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

About time for a way overdue update... Had the vanny out for cleaning/checking out and decided to pull the governor assembly out, I'm running my throttle cable straight to the carb so I'm doing away with the governor in the engine and the rear end...
Here's the cam fresh out of the case...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (10).jpg (93.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (11).jpg (90.8 KB, 8 views)
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

here's the cam once I was done and the "extras" left over. Many thanks to the guy who revived the "how to remove a governor on a Vanguard" thread in the big block section. ( even though I had already done it before I saw the thread, it sure made me feel better to confirm I had done it right!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (16).jpg (78.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (17).jpg (89.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #14
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

I also think I have my engine low enough now so I don't have to lift the suspension to keep the airbox from hitting the seat base. A little rearranging of the brackets has my engine quite a bit lower, I'll just need to get a remote oil filter kit since there's no room for the filter anymore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.05.11 (2).jpg (109.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 03.05.11 (3).jpg (144.5 KB, 44 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #15
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

I'm running my throttle cable straight to the carb also. I read here that most of you don't use the choke at all with your big blocks, and noticed the choke linkage was in a really cool place to use for the throttle..... The original throttle cable is about the perfect length to work for this application, and the old throttle bracket makes a great mounting spot for a return spring
Here's how she sits for now, hopefully it won't take me another four months to get some decent progress
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (5).jpg (106.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 01.17.11 (9).jpg (90.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 03.05.11 (4).jpg (138.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 03-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

NAPA used to have the remote filter parts. You can put an oil cooler on it pretty easily if you do that. If you get the right filter remote you can put a full size car filter on for more oil capacity, like the old sm block ford or chevy filter that are common. Did this with some commercial lawn equipment. They use hydraulic lines but they are pretty cheap to have made here.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotosean View Post
I also think I have my engine low enough now so I don't have to lift the suspension to keep the airbox from hitting the seat base. A little rearranging of the brackets has my engine quite a bit lower, I'll just need to get a remote oil filter kit since there's no room for the filter anymore
Looks like your secondary "spring seat is up against the diff case, could just be the picture though. They have a special splined "collar/spacer" that replaces a damaged circlip on the input shaft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03_05_11%20%20%20(2).jpg (109.5 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by smallblock450sl; 03-06-2011 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: add picture
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #18
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Looks like your secondary "spring seat is up against the diff case, could just be the picture though. They have a special splined "collar/spacer" that replaces a damaged circlip on the input shaft.
Good catch Dave, I hope it's just the picture.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #19
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Talk about running fast out the door and pulling the rear fender off in record time-what a relief to find my driven pulley still against the circlip with space between it and the gear housing.... Man what a scare, but I appreciate the heads up! I never even gave that shaft a second look till now
Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotosean View Post
Talk about running fast out the door and pulling the rear fender off in record time-what a relief to find my driven pulley still against the circlip with space between it and the gear housing.... Man what a scare, but I appreciate the heads up! I never even gave that shaft a second look till now
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha