lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 starting trouble

So im having trouble getting my G2 started and seemed to be flooding. Last night i couldent even get it started. My friend said i might need to replace the spark plug wire(and the coil allso since it seems there only sold as one unit)

i pulled the plug out and ground it out on the engine and turned it over and it gets spark but its possible not enough of one? anyone have any idea's if my friend is correct before i go buy a new coil with wire lol
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
cycleone88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 starting trouble

Try running the ground wire on the coil directly to the neg. side of the battery. see if that helps. if that helps it clean all of your grounds up and you should be good.
cycleone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

fixed it! it was the spark plug

when i first got the cart i just took the plug that was in it in to the auto store to get a exact replacment but after looking on the parts list i figored out it was a normal car plug and not the proper plug, replaced it with the right one and it starts right up no problems!

sorry for the pointless thread i was expecting it to be a bigger issue then it was lol
Old 04-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
cycleone88
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Sweet, you gotta like when it turns out that easy.
cycleone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

defently i was expecting something bigger for sure lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha