lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
sunking
Gone Wild

Default 2006-2008 Electric carts

OK between EZ-GO (PDS), Club Car, and Yamaha who makes the better electric golf cart?
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006-2008 Electric carts

You are asking us to compare the ford, chevy, & dodge makers of golf carts? What are you going to use it for? What mods do you have planned?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:24 PM   #3
sunking
Gone Wild

Golf and NEV.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Get an EZ-Go or Yamaha Series Style cart. The schematic is dead simple, unlike the Club Cars.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Get an EZ-Go or Yamaha Series Style cart. The schematic is dead simple, unlike the Club Cars.
Well really not an option, but thanks anyway.

Dealer has 2008 models, Golf Course leased program vehicles for end of year clearance.:

EZ-GO PDS = $1750
Yamaha & CC =$1650

Assorted options like windshields, ice chest, club wash, sand cup holders, You can rob Peter and Pay Paul to make a cart like you want.

All I am curious about which is the better of the 3 manufactures. I am leaning towards EZ-GO because they make more carts than anyone else, Plus parts, dealers, and suppliers appear to be plentiful and less expensive than the other 2.

He will take $1700 cash with no sales tax for an EZ-GO. I figure it is a steal of a deal for a 36 volt PDS. Add a new set of batteries and you have a like new 2008 cart for $2500 or less depending on battery cost.

I already have a TXT Series cart modified for parades and showing off. I paid $900 for a stripped down unit a few years ago and rebuilt it.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

id go with an ezgo or yamaha. yamaha has the better suspention. ezgo are very eazy to work on. i own a ezgo
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
id go with an ezgo or yamaha. yamaha has the better suspention. ezgo are very eazy to work on. i own a ezgo
Hey thanks for the feedback Yeah I have heard Yamaha has a better suspension, breaks, and a bit sturdier overall. I also like the fact they are 48 volts in that model range.

But I think I will go with an EZ-GO, found even a better deal for $1500 for a 2008 PDS that is in really good shape from a widow women who's husband recently passed away. There are dozens of EZ-GO reps in the DFW area so lot's of competition to keep the prices in check. But still 48 volts is awful appealing on the Yamaha, I just hate to pay a dealer the big bucks to reprogram the controller.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
custom carts
THE CUSTOM KID

E-Z-GO

when it comes time for batteries then you put 48 volt in the ezgo. Mr. Scotty that can help you wit the cables ,selinode, maybe even a controllor the you will be all set ezgo with 48 volts runs real good
custom carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
sunking
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom carts View Post
when it comes time for batteries then you put 48 volt in the ezgo. Mr. Scotty that can help you wit the cables ,selinode, maybe even a controllor the you will be all set ezgo with 48 volts runs real good
Thanks, but I already have a series EZ-GO modified with a 48 volt battery, GE Raptor motor, and Altrax Controller used for 4th of July cart races, pulling floats, and showing off. Not practical for the golf course and cruising around the neighborhood. Eats too much battery power as I live about 1 mile from the course.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts