lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
thefuzz
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question battery/security question

Ok guys I know this has probly ben addresed som where but I'v seach an can't find anything so !! CAN you or is it WISE to be able to put a shut off swich in line of one of the battery cables for security ? the swich I'm refering to is a heavy swich maid for 12volts ut to 50v has a removable key to turn the swich on or off ? I thought if you could kill the power completly then ther is now way the cart can be moved but pushing it or pulling it ? BUT woud killing the power to say go into eat dinner then power in it back up hurt it in any way since such short time ??

thanks !
thefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: battery/security question

Maybe because your missing about half the keys on your keyboard? proof read?

Yes it has been covered before but no worries, you can use that type of switch on the cables or you can use a keyed or toggle switch on your small wire circuit.
Or depending on what cart you have, most come with a keyed switch already!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery/security question

I think it's safer to interrupt any number of the secondary wiring (12-16 gauge) to disable the cart and you can do this with a $3 toggle switch hidden where ever you please. Simply interrupt the key switch feed or the solenoid activation wires or the throttle input signal ..... long list of stuff that will disable the cart without a problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts