lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default Bearing

Today i split my case on my g1. The flywheel side bearing wont come off it looks like a washer in front of it , it wont move, do i need a certain pully to remove bearing? And do i need to get the new ones pressed on? Thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Bearing

Yeah unfortunately u will need a puller and if you don't have a a way to press them back in you will need you will needsee to get them pressed. A way around it if you feel up to it and have a torch, you can heat that side cover up evenly where your bearings are and a lot of time the new bearings will ease on in there or might just need a gingerly few taps. Don't burn yourself and if and when u use a hammer to tap be careful to not bang on the ball bearings or outside ring. That inner ring is what u wanna tap
eddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I used a hair dryer to pull mine off & also to put them back on. don't need alot of heat. i would'nt put a torch on a new bearing for sure !
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
eddogg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hahaha my bad I was meaning the side cover... yeah noooo torching bearings. I was trying to tell making to heat the piece of the engine that you seat the bearings in. We call it a side cover, sorry if I was confusing you that's Mr. Beam talking and he's only 7yrs. Old...Mahalo
eddogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You never want to seat a ball bearing by tapping on the inner race.that will cause premature bearing failure.you need to use a pipe,socket or the old bearing to put force on the outer race as you press or tap the bearing into the machined recess.
ball bearings are not design.ed to take lateral load.just radial loads
You could place the bearing in the freezer overnight and then warm the case.then drop the bearing into the case.
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha