lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Ran my 1981 G1 out of oil. Now What?

I've used that pennz it seems to be pretty good. I'm particular about what goes in a larger outboard or other performance 2 stroke. I have used the walmart gallon in yard equipment it is not bad for that, does not smoke that much. Reminds me I need to find some bean oil around here I miss the scent. I only used yamalube in G1s, it is expensive but you use so little its not a big deal.

Few boats on the lake here except toons and row/fishing boats. I have to gas the car to get there then buy more for the boat? Already bought food and whatnot, it just gets to be not a very good deal. 15 gal might power my cart for the whole summer if I don't trail ride a lot and I used to put that in my boat every weekend. Feeling like I get so ripped off just takes the fun out of it. I'd rather get another cart or something and can ride in other boats anyway lol. These friends have one of those supercharged skis, they say it just eats fuel. The thing is huge anyway it might as well be a boat, yes it is quick. Yeah the jets are not efficient at all. In my little 85hp OB I last ran I could put 6gal in and lap the lake a few times on a weekend long as I didn't stay out long. But now it needs a few things including a new battery, why get it out of storage at $4/gal, I can find other things to do there. I miss launching it with the golf cart though that was almost more fun than running the boat. Sorry to get OT.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
hutchthis
Not Yet Wild

Poured the oil in. Mixed some gas and got it in the tank. The rattle seems to be better. Still struggling a little up hills on our initial ride.

Still need to bleed the oil lines.
do i disconnect the oil line between the pump and where it injects the oil? between the the tank and the pump? both? Is there a trick to getting the hose off from where it inject the oil? That is a very stiff hose.

When you say rebuild, do you mean the top end?
hutchthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Take a compression test. Rattle is better? Less or gone.
My internet repeater is hit or miss so I may be gone a while.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
bodzcampers
Getting Wild

Way ouch!
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #15
hutchthis
Not Yet Wild

I would say the rattle is gone. Hadn't driven it for 3 weeks, so hard to be certain. Going to go buy a compression tester now. What about bleeding the oil lines?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
hutchthis
Not Yet Wild

the compression is at 100 psi
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha